iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some photos of our new bandmill

Started by coalsmok, December 06, 2013, 04:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coalsmok

Just thought that I would post some photos of the Timber mule sawmill we purchased.  Took some time to find the time to learn to upload and post the photos.

drobertson

Way to go coalsmok, looks like a dandy mill, and some great country!   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

beenthere

coalsmok

Good on the pics, and thanks for taking that bit of extra time.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

wetdog

Good looking mill. I was very interested in one of those a few years ago but they didn't offer power feed at the time. Does your mill have power feed?

Chuck White

Looks like everything has come together Coalsmok!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coalsmok

Wetdog
It does have power feed. This mill seemed like a good buy compared to the other manufacures I spoke with. Just wish we could have gotten the longer one.

It is great country and the mill is going to help me with the house to get back there. Got lots of ash and oak to turn into hardwood floors and cabinets.

Magicman

Congrats on the sawmill.   8)

Since it appears that you have removed the wheels and set the sawmill up "permanently" be sure to periodically check the blocking under the mid point.  Heavy logs will affect that portion more and could cause the blocking to sink.  You do not want the mid section to sag.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coalsmok

Magicman
The design of this mill is for the wheels to be off to saw. It is possible to saw with them on as long as you dont want the last board thinner than 2". 

Magicman

I understood that.  I was just pointing out that the log weight could gradually sink the center blocking and the center leveling could need adjusting.  The same thing happens with any sawmill and although my wheels stay, I sometimes still have to adjust the center outriggers.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dboyt

Quote from: Magicman on December 07, 2013, 12:15:04 PM
... the log weight could gradually sink the center blocking and the center leveling could need adjusting.  The same thing happens with any sawmill and although my wheels stay, I sometimes still have to adjust the center outriggers.
Especially when the ground is freezing and thawing.  Looks like a nice pile of sawdust building up!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

coalsmok

Ok thanks for the advice.  I have been putting wide board and blocking down. So far its not been an issue but I have only been sawing small groups of logs 4-6 for every steup.  Thats how we had them staged to haul to our circle mill and now it just seems easier to move the small mill. Once I get a few more weekends in though I hope to move the mill and saw a good heap of oak.

Thank You Sponsors!