iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I aint sawin today!!

Started by lyle niemi, December 06, 2013, 12:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

It's -38C out there ad thats to cold for this wannabe :snowball:

Chuck White

Stay inside and cozy up to the stove Lyle!

Can't blame you a bit for not sawing!  :o
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

Don't blame you a bit, 18 outside, with now around 10 in, and I thought it was not going to do anything?
Still wonder how you northern boys get it done with such cold weather,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

logboy

It's currently 1°F outside. I think its a great day to stay inside and catch up on paperwork and emails.
I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

TimGA

It Is 75 degrees here in South Ga, I'm moving the mill over to my neighbors to start sawing this afternoon. Oh and I am in my shorts and tee shirt, sorry for you guys in the cold.
                                                   Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

lyle niemi

Quote from: drobertson on December 06, 2013, 01:08:50 PM
Don't blame you a bit, 18 outside, with now around 10 in, and I thought it was not going to do anything?
Still wonder how you northern boys get it done with such cold weather,    david
Ya dont have to be crazy up here to get thngs done..... but it does help..lol

flyboy16101

It's just above freezing here, perfect conditions to saw in if it wasn't for the mud up to my knees :(
Wood-mizer Lt35, International 504 w/ loader, Hough HA Payloader, Stihl Ms290, Ms660, LogRite Cant Hook

coalsmok

I'm not sawing today either.  Its been raining steady for 24 hrs and everything is saturated.  I did at least move the mill to the next pile of logs since I was already out with the tractor feeding cows.

LaneC

My air conditioner was on 2 hours ago. It is now 6:39 pm and the heater is now on. I lived in New Hampshire for a small spell when I was young and don't see how yall handle it. Hope you all stay warm with this storm and don't forget about the dogs etc.
Man makes plans and God smiles

thecfarm

The cold keeps the population down.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I'd better leave that one alone.   ;D   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

GDinMaine

That nice brisk weather forms a good character. Toss another log on the fire and stay inside.
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: GDinMaine on December 06, 2013, 07:57:11 PM
That nice brisk weather forms a good character. Toss another log on the fire and stay inside.

You wouldn't have to tell me twice.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

chickenchaser

Quote from: thecfarm on December 06, 2013, 07:40:11 PM

Quote from: Magicman on December 06, 2013, 07:48:42 PM
I'd better leave that one alone.   ;D   :D

LOL

Contrary to what I always heard and thought, too.

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

JD 3720 w/loader. 1983 Chevrolet C30 dump. 1973 Ford F600 w/stickloader. 35,000 chickens.

bandmiller2

Seriously,when the temp. drops below a certin point the prudent sawyer will find something else to do.Below zero cold is tough on machinery,many times you will loose money trying to work and damage equipment.I realize some have to work in those conditions but its hard to turn a buck. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

LaneC

I hear ya magic man. I am too.

Corley5

20 degrees F at 2PM this afternoon.  Perfect weather for logging  :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

lyle niemi

Quote from: thecfarm on December 06, 2013, 07:40:11 PM
Are you sure about that one????

jmouton

It  was only  26 here today and was perfect for sawin  I got about 6 hours in today and then ran out of lube  and other supplies so i called it quits and got warmed up 

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

thecfarm

Population?,depends on your age too.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

What has age gotta do with it ??   ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Seem like certain humans stop producing the needed product after so many years.  :)

Andries

I'm agreeing with Lyle - too cold for me too.
Minus 33, sunrise at 8:15 and sunset at 4:30
Last week was okay - milled some bur oak and once again, the WM Metal Detector worked like a champ!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

LaneC

I may be wrong but I think he means it keeps alot of people away. The very cold climate.

lyle niemi

Quote from: LaneC on December 06, 2013, 10:12:41 PM
I may be wrong but I think he means it keeps alot of people away. The very cold climate.
Thats a possibility I guess..lol

reswire

Below zero weather will definitely keep me away!  All we have, is too much rain, mud, and sleet. 
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

chickenchaser

Quote from: LaneC on December 06, 2013, 10:12:41 PM

I think you are right, Lane - he just said it funny.  :D

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

JD 3720 w/loader. 1983 Chevrolet C30 dump. 1973 Ford F600 w/stickloader. 35,000 chickens.

ladylake

It's only -18f here this morning, good day to sharpen a few blades and work on a chainsaw.   steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

justallan1

I think the weather guesser called for -15 here. I'm feeding the cows, breaking some ice and planning on hiding in the house.
I'm even calling off my customary Saturday treasure hunt at the local landfill! :o
Now THAT'S cold!

Allan

goose63

-16 with -30 to -40 wind chill aint out side no_no :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

30° here this morning with a stiff wind.  I wasn't sawing anyway 'cause I am loaded up and ready to travel.    8)

thecfarm

LaneC,that's the way I meant it and I think someone else knew that too.  :D   I was just going with the flow.  ;D

lyle niemi

Quote from: thecfarm on December 07, 2013, 09:24:30 AM
LaneC,that's the way I meant it and I think someone else knew that too.  :D   I was just going with the flow.  ;D
Its all good...... another beautiful day out there..-33C

Andy White

Lyle,   I ain't sawing logs today either, I'm burning them!  Perfect weather for this.   Andy

Stay warm!!!
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

lyle niemi

I can relate to that Andy, I just got up to the shop, made coffee, fired up ol suzie (wood stove) and looking at that 966 loader I just bought trying to figure out where to start on it, the old beast needs lots of lovin. Its to bad that equipment get neglected like that but I'll do the best I can to fix er up!

logboy

There won't be any sawing going on here today. Looks like a great day to hide in my woodshop and sharpen my slabber chains.
I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

Thank You Sponsors!