Previous topic - Next topic

jackpine

Monday I picked up another mill. Lt40 hydraulic with the following features

Cat 34 hp diesel
de-barker
Lube-mizer
Accuset  upgraded to accuset2
autoclutch

I had gone to the dealer the week before for parts for my existing mill and saw this one . Could not resist ;D

Best part, 2005 model with 100 actual hours. and fully serviced by dealer. The only issue I have had was the nozzles on the lube-mizer plugged up and had to be cleaned.

Still learning to operate it but so far very pleased.

Bill

beenthere

Congrats on the new mill  8)

Good to hear.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

:o  Wow, and Congratulations go to your "new" sawmill for finding a new owner.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

Nothing like that "new to me mill" smell.  Congrats!
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

samandothers

Congrats Bill!  You may benefit others too if the existing mill gets passed on to another!

scully

nice score ! You will love that mill ! Heck sounds like it was demoed a couple time LOL
I bleed orange  .

Chuck White

Congratulations on your new sawmill Bill!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

Nice! congrats to you 8)    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

jackpine

Scully

I don't know about the demo part but it appears that after the training the previous owner, a cardiologist, tried to cut up more parts of the mill than he did logs ;D

3 cut lines on the first hydraulic log stop and at least 6 on the first manual stop not counting sawing the very tip of that stop all the way off.

Also all of the carbide teeth on the de-barker blade were broken from hitting the claw turner :D

He is buying a new mill so I hope he learned some things from this one ;D

Bill

barbender

That's funny, jackpine :D He must have figured this one was wore out with all the cut marks on it :) You'll be liking this mill I think ;)
Too many irons in the fire

customsawyer

Congrats Jackpine. On the nozzles plugging up on you, if you take a very small drill bit and make the holes in the nozzles just a little bit bigger it will eliminate 90% of your tips plugging. ;)
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!