iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ECHO CS620-P

Started by STIHLFULLSKIP, December 04, 2013, 08:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STIHLFULLSKIP

anyone here own/run one? know anything about them? what are the differences between it and the cs600?

ladylake

They claim more power than the 600p, maybe opened up the muff or improved porting,  Echo has been putting out some nice cylinders lately.   Steve

Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

rburg

There is a video of the 620 on AS. There is a 560 in the video for comparison.

ladylake

I can't get on the AS site, any tips.   Found the vid on youtube, looks like the Husky is maybe 1 second faster, a few variables, Is the Echo broke in yet, sounds brand new and that log is getting noticeably smaller with each cut.  At any rate they're real close to each other.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

ALWOL

And the Echo is much cheaper, msrp. I have a 600, it seems it would be hard to improve it, but looks like they did.
There's a big difference between staying busy and making money.

SawTroll

Quote from: ladylake on December 05, 2013, 01:32:43 PM

I can't get on the AS site, any tips.   Found the vid on youtube, looks like the Husky is maybe 1 second faster, a few variables, Is the Echo broke in yet, sounds brand new and that log is getting noticeably smaller with each cut.  At any rate they're real close to each other.    Steve
We don't know anything about the chains that were used either, and the cutting technique was far from consistant.

The video is entertaining, but you really can't make any conclutions based on it - as with other "field comparisons".  ;)
Information collector.

SawTroll

Some specs for the CS620SX (is the 620P actually/exactly the same?) :

5.9 kg (13.0 lbs)
3.35 kW/4.56 hp
59.8cc (like the 560)
This is from the Spanish (or was it the French?) Echo website.
I have no info on the size and handling of course.

If that is reasonably correct, it puts it in pretty much the same category as the   MS362 and PS-6100 - but not as the 560xp....

Hopefully the specs aren't as inaccurate (optimistic) as Shindaiwa specs used to be, as I suspect the saw mainly is a Shindaiwa.....
Information collector.

ladylake

Published numbers from any manufactor don't mean any thing, it's how they cut and it looks like that CS620 cuts good against the Husky 560.    Steve

Thank You Sponsors!