iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pretty good idea I thought.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 03, 2013, 09:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Our dishwasher went bad this morning. I ran to Lowes, picked up a new one and installed it.

I kept the fork and knife rack out of the old dish washer. Well you can see....it holds all your sawmill goodies pretty well. I'm gonna screw it to the side of my HD box on the mill for all my "quick grab" stuff.  :)

You can probably find one at a recycle center.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bill Gaiche

How much did it cost you to con the wife into thinking the washer was bad so you could have the rack?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Bill Gaiche on December 03, 2013, 09:06:30 PM
How much did it cost you to con the wife into thinking the washer was bad so you could have the rack?

I called and told her the dishwasher was broke.....she said YOU DANG RIGHT I AM ! HOW ABOUT SOME OF THAT SAWMILL MONEY!!! I shut up and went to Lowe's.  :o

drobertson

Real good idea 8) and for this very reason this post will be hid from Christy ;D,, ours, 17 years old has been showing the ugly face, and she is ready for another one,  I am thinking I can throw together a basket cheaper ;D   but what's the cost really?  that basket looks pretty handy,
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Bill Gaiche

Sawmill money came in handy, just like the basket. And you follow orders to a Tee. Just like me. I replaced ours about 2 yrs. ago. I couldn't believe how quite the new one is. bg

Buck

David....I keep my "Knot So Soft" in spray bottles just like that!
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Buck on December 03, 2013, 09:59:11 PM
David....I keep my "Knot So Soft" in spray bottles just like that!

Yep....ATF in 1 bottle and Diesel in the other.

Peter Drouin

When ours died the wife wanted a new one and I said you were born with a dishwasher at the end of your arms. :D I can't tell you how that went  :D :D
And Dave you have a nice rack  ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on December 03, 2013, 10:04:00 PM
When ours died the wife wanted a new one and I said you were born with a dishwasher at the end of your arms. :D I can't tell you how that went  :D :D

My friend.....you have a BIGGER set than Jesse James!  :D :D :D

sawguy21

WOW!!! I am surprised you lived to talk about it. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

kensfarm

I'm surprised she didn't show you how sturdy a foot she was born w/.   ;D

Sixacresand

The over-the-stove microwave died on Thanksgiving Eve.  I had to scramble to get to Lowes and to save Thanksgiving.  So far, I have not found a practical use for for the dead one at the mill. Maybe a rat proof safe for cheese crackers in my shop. Way to go, Post.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Radar67

Quote from: Peter Drouin on December 03, 2013, 10:04:00 PM
I said you were born with a dishwasher at the end of your arms.

How long did it take for you to be able to see that dishwasher again? And tell us, how does it feel to get hit by a dishwasher?
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Chuck White

Quote from: Sixacresand on December 03, 2013, 10:58:06 PM
The over-the-stove microwave died on Thanksgiving Eve.  I had to scramble to get to Lowes and to save Thanksgiving.  So far, I have not found a practical use for for the dead one at the mill. Maybe a rat proof safe for cheese crackers in my shop. Way to go, Post.

Cut the power cord off, close to the back of the MW so it can't be accidently plugged in.

Take the old MW to camp, they make a great mouse & squirrel proof breadbox!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

DanG

Yup, and it makes a good storage place for little shop things that you want to keep dust and dirt dauber free.  The glass turntable makes a good serving tray, too.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WellandportRob

2016 Wood-Mizer LT40HG 35 , Alaskan MKIII 60", Chev Duramax, Anderson logging trailer. Lucas DSM 23-19.

roghair

built a sawmill

Delawhere Jack

The question is, how many Poston Premium Hardwood Bar Top Slabs does a dishwasher cost these days. And how do they make change for one of those. ;)

Delawhere Jack

Roghair, I've been looking for plans to make a cell phone zapper from the magnetron from a microwave. It could prove very handy when you encounter a fellow driver chatting on the phone while driving.  smiley_devil

21incher

Great recycling idea. I see a surge in dishwasher sales in the near future.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

terrifictimbersllc

Should have used rest of  it for a blade washer  pull_smiley
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!