iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maple

Started by scleigh, December 01, 2013, 08:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scleigh

I became interested in sawmills by accident. About 5 years ago I started on a pond and dug up about 30 or so trees. I kept a huge maple that stood where my dam is now, it just seemed like a neat tree. Over time I found a retired gentleman who had a woodmizer and he said he would saw my logs for me.

Well, 4 years later and many trips back to have more logs sawn, I've got my own mill and saw as often as possible.
I made a few benches out of the last of the maple tree that got the fire started. Thought I'd post a couple of the pics.

jmouton

nice looking benches

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mikeb1079

those are great.  more pics please   ;D
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

thecfarm

That last brench have some spalting going on??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

scleigh

Yeah, there's a little ambrosia and spalting in both.

21incher

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Look at you dog!  8) You have a good imagination helping to build your benches. I'm impressed!
Very nice work!  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Nice benches for sure!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!