iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Very sad time here.

Started by Jeff, December 01, 2013, 05:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We laid Scooter.  He was a great little dog that won our hearts and those of most any one that ever met him. 14 years ago we inherited him as an itty bitty puppy when Tammy's dad died. Scooter was brought to Tammy's dad as a way to help comfort him from his pain and suffering and spent the final two weeks of Bob's life on his lap. When we got him he could stick his head in my shirt pocket.  Its going to take a long time to get used to him not being here.  :'( :'(

Goodbye Scoot. :'(

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Shotgun

So sorry, Jeff and Tammy.  Know it's going to be a difficult time for you folks. He was a neat little guy.

Norm & Mary
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Magicman

We are so sorry for your family's loss Jeff.  Yes, Scooter won all of the hearts that he touched.   :'(
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

So sorry Jeff, Tammy and Stacy.  He was a very special lil feller.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sawguy21

That is tough, I know how much he meant to you and your family. I always enjoyed your stories of his antics, he certainly was a personable little guy.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

That is so sad.  :(   I remember that little guy being put into a trash can by his Papa.  :)

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Sorry to hear it Jeff and Tammy.
May scooter rest in peace.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Corley5

I'm sorry.  He was a great little guy
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

jamesamd

Like losing a child,I know.
So sorry Tammy and Jeff  :(

The up side is You will always smile and feel the love shared,years from now when somthing reminds You of them and some cute thing they did Years ago.

Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

OneWithWood

Sorry to here this even though we all knew it was coming.
Scooter was definitely one of a kind.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

clww

Sorry to hear of your family's loss. :'(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

pigman

Very sorry for the passing of Scooter. I always enjoyed seeing him at the pig roasts.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WDH

I share your pain.  He was a little champ. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

samandothers

So sorry to hear of your loss.  Pets are family members and it hurts to lose them.

DanG

The Forestry Forum has lost a charter member.  He will live on through the many pictures and stories that abound in the archives.  Just one more reason to pull up the old threads for a little reminiscing session once in a while.

I'm very sorry for the loss, Jeff, Tammy, and Stacy.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

fat olde elf

Sorry for your loss.  My hero George Carlin had several routines about doggies. I still miss our Springer Spaniel, Amanda of White Oaks Farm. Dogs are better than people..
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

drobertson

Sorry Jeff,  not much else I can say,  it hurts and is hard, but gets better with time, just yesterday I held the door, thinking Dixie was behind me,  old habits hang on,      david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

sandhills

Very sorry to hear about Scooter Jeff, I know how much they can mean to a family.

SwampDonkey

Sorry to read about Scooter's passing. I know the little guy enjoyed his time with your family and you folks will miss him a lot. He was a good pup.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

justallan1

Sad deal indeed. It's kind of hard to think about not having my dog around, and it was only a year ago that I adopted him.
I feel for you and your family.

Allan

WmFritz

Your loss is double edged. Not only did you lose a family friend, you also lost another connection to Tammy's Father.  It is a sad time for both of you.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

doctorb

Glad I got to meet him.  Good memories for all, as it should be.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!