iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FLU 2013

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 01, 2013, 09:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I guess I have it. My neck and shoulders started feeling sore last night.....I thought I had over did it a little at the mill yesterday.
This morning, all my joints feel sore and my temp is 100°. I'm feeling awful. I'm freezing and under the blankets.

No....I don't take the flu shot. My Uncle had a bad experience with the shot.....left arm was paralyzed for the rest of his life.
I'll ride this out......Thanks for listening.  smiley_sick
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bill Gaiche

Not good. I have never had those shots either. Been lucky so far. Maybe you need to take off a few days and head southwest to the sawing event in Rusk, Tx. That might loosen up those joints and relieve the fever. And on the way back you could pick up that old Juniper and take it with you. bg

thecfarm

Lay low there big guy. You have somthing going on. That's a bummer about your Uncle. I started to have the shot a few years back. My Doctor just about insists upon it because of my lung problem. If you can drink fuilds that will help. Well that's what this Doctor says.  :D ::) I will bill you.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

Hope you feel better soon. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thanks Ray, I appreciate it Buddy......and Bill....I'd LOVE to have that twisted log. It would go good with my twisted mind to build a beautiful table or bench. Thanks Guys!

Holmes

I don't do the flu shot either. Get well soon and drink plenty of WARM fluids.  How did your golf game go this year?
Think like a farmer.

Magicman

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 01, 2013, 09:27:45 AMI'm feeling awful.
Just in case you need a second opinion, you is ugly too.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Holmes

Quote from: Magicman on December 01, 2013, 02:41:09 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 01, 2013, 09:27:45 AMI'm feeling awful.
Just in case you need a second opinion, you is ugly too.   :D

:D ;D :D
Think like a farmer.

samandothers

Feeling the love!

Laughter is good for the soul!

Get better quickly!

Roxie

Sorry to hear about you feeling sick.  My doctor sends me a letter each fall that actually says, "Getting the flu could kill you.  You must get vaccinated."  I go to the local pharmacy and it takes ten minutes.  The pharmacy notifies your doctor. 
Say when

beenthere

Poston
I felt like that a couple years back, and it was enough to convince me to get the flu shot.

Didn't help the "ugly" tho.  ;)

But at least hope ya feels better soon.   Don't want to have to use up any of that accumulated sick leave.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

2012 was my first Flu shot.  I didn't get one this year but should have.  We can all be carriers and spreading the flu even though you aren't sick or showing symptoms.

thecfarm

Well I know one thing,if I get the flu I'm not telling you guys. I don't want no one to call me ugly.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thanks to all you guys for chiming in to make me smile.
My fever is still there, 100° and my joints are sooooo sore.

I have been catching up on my reading, and I have just realized something........

These magazines will make up anything just to sell them.  :D :D :D :D :D

wwsjr

Take care of yourself and get well soon. My daughter had it last week, 4 days in bed and lots of medicine. Appears to be a tough strain this year. I get my flu shot each year at the VA clinic. They have worked for me so far, no flu for many years.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

thecfarm

You both make me laugh.  ;D

goose63

Get my flu shot at the  V A works for me hot brandy and honey works for a cold to
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 01, 2013, 05:16:44 PMThese magazines will make up anything just to sell them.
You needed something soothing.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Hey ah POSTON,I think you might just as well lay there and pretend you are dead for a few days. Than when you have yours wits about you in a few days you can jump up fighting. Right now,I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are doing the best.  ::)  ;D

thecfarm

Have no fear I sent for the doctor.

Holmes

Poston looks like he is reading a horror story instead of an honor story.  :o ;D
Think like a farmer.

WDH

This last winter, I was sick for over two months.  Did not take the flu shot.  I took it this year.  Not worth being sick like that. 

Maybe it is because Clemson lost, and it is not really the flu  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

beenthere

QuotePoston looks like he is reading a horror story instead of an honor story.

He looks that way 'cuz he is sick.  ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I think I messed up because of my high fever. I PM'd Doctor B to call me a SUBscription in.......
DanG, I meant to say PREscription.......now I'm stuck with the magazine and hoping I'll feel better.  smiley_sick

drobertson

Sorry man, hate to hear it,  maybe some back issues will get you through,  and a lil less poplar dust, I knew that stuff was bad,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!