iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

snowcross

Started by snowstorm, November 29, 2013, 05:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

if anyone is interested. its on www ustream.tv/isoc

logman81

Love it I'm planning on buying a 2003.  Arctic cat 440 sno pro and doing a little ditch banging myself and plan to attended a few races as well.
Precision Firewood & Logging

snowstorm

you get snow down there?

barbender

I bought a brand new 1998 Ski-doo MXZx race sled, I raced the beginner class snocross circuit that winter. Mostly you sat in line on your sled, it took about an hour to get on the line. Then the race was 3 laps, took about 2 1/2 minutes ::) A lot of effort for not much racing. I never did that well, my specialty was pulling good starts (the key to winning snocross) and then crashing ;D It was fun, way too much dough though. I was young and single with money burning a hole in my pocket back then. I raced one cross country race, it was really fun and a long race. I would have done more but I got out of it after that year.
Too many irons in the fire

Mark K

My friend, Robert Pawlowski built that track. Left last sunday for Deluth. He will be gone onthe circuit for the rest of the winter. Im finishing harvesting corn while hes gone. Little break from logging. We build a practice track for testing. Started making snow a week ago.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

logman81

We sure do, most of the state parks let you ride on the trails and fire roads. I've had a few snowmobiles, back in 2002 bought a brand skidoo mix 700 sport with a two place trailer. Road that for a year then gave it to the wife. Then in 2003 bought a  brand new spring only arctic cat fire at f5 sno pro because I wanted a more race oriented sled for ditch banging. That was an amazing sled! Then in 2005 I traded both sleds for a brand new timberwolf tw5 wood splitter to start my business. Years before that I used to race the east coast AMA motor cross circuit for many years, started around the age of six. Got so good I was offered a factory Kawasaki contract to ride for them. I turned it done because I didn't want to do that for a living, it would have been more of a job at that point. So I miss riding so I'm treating my self to a sled for the winter.

JDeere

I have spent a number of Novembers in Duluth at the Sno-X. My daughter raced there four times and in 2010 she won the Women's final. That was one of her highlights in her 12 years of racing. She was 17 years old and had the only womens factory contract with Ski-Doo. I miss those days in Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

Maine logger88

Logman how long ago did you race mottocross and what brand bikes did you ride. I have a KTM I bought a few years ago I didn't have time all year too ride but maybe when the lakes freeze I'll put on the studs and play a little
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

barbender

Wow Logman, you must have been riding quite well :o Were you riding the 125 east then? I used to follow Supercross, I went and watched a couple races at the Metrodome in Minneapolis. That was back when Jeremy McGrath was on top, he always rode well at the Metrodome, the one race was the year he left Honda and went to Suzuki. If I remember right, that was the only Supercross he won that year.

thenorthman

we get things like sno-parks out here, bunch a hill climbing fools really, hence the RMKs and what not 2056" tracks with a fifteen mile turning radius...

Sitting in line for more than 10 minutes would probably start a fist fight or cause a few aneurysms...

On the east side of the Cascades there are whole villages where a snowmobile is the only way around, surrounded by literally hundreds of miles of trail through the mountains...  (it gets colder on the east side... we just get more snow and rain)
well that didn't work

1270d

Quote from: thenorthman on November 29, 2013, 11:56:56 PM
On the east side of the Cascades there are whole villages where a snowmobile is the only way around, surrounded by literally hundreds of miles of trail through the mountains...  (it gets colder on the east side... we just get more snow and rain)

Sounds like the UP

coxy

had new 99 mzx 600+ ;D skidoo that I raced with for 3 years        there was no money to be won    beat me up pretty good     in the end had to get back surgery     the best time was grass dragging    though about getting back in to that  ??? my buddy s  kid still does it     some of guys in ny  pa may know him steven ryder or they call him speedy :) it was fun and miss it a little  ;D

logman81

The last time I raced was back in 2002, had a Yamaha 250. I've always had Kawasaki and yamahas, but like the Kawasaki the best. Last bike I had was a KFx 250 it was a great bike. I was pretty good, my strong point was passing guys on the turns and picking good lines.

WmFritz

Quote from: logman81 on November 29, 2013, 05:55:51 PM
Love it I'm planning on buying a 2003.  Arctic cat 440 sno pro and doing a little ditch banging myself and plan to attended a few races as well.

Logman, that '03 has a great chassis but, the motor is a pain for anything other than racing, unless you detune it. The stock engine needs 110 octane and with no oil pump or tank, it was premix. The gas tank itself, if I remember right, was a 5 gallon tank.

You can;  change the heads over to low compression, recurve the ecm and  swap out the  gas tank off a Firecat so you have better then a 40 mile range. 

I still ride an '02  Sno-Pro that one of my kids raced that season. It was the first year for the Firecat chassis. I kept it for trail riding because it used pump gas, was oil injected and had a 13 gallon tank. All I needed to do was reflash the ecm, re-jet the carbs and re-clutch it.  I ran a few cross country races with it and even though I've got newer "retired" snow cross sleds, that ' 02 SP is one of my favorites
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

logman81

Thanks wmfritz, I'm well aware of what the sled is. It is a race sled and nothing else. Vp red is all I used to run in my f5 sno pro, it is almost the same sled minus the motor. I'm not much into groomed trail rides like more of the fast paced rough trails and riding in fresh powder. I'm used to tuning and working on race bikes so keeping it in perfect running order won't be a problem.

JDeere

Mark K, It's a small world. We spent many days over the years at Bob's track in NY training and racing the events RMR held there. Always liked Bob. He went out of his way to make a good track and take care of the racers.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

Mark K

JDeere, we probably have met then. I helped make the snow and build the track on the farm (Pit X snocross). That was back in the days of Rock Maple racing. Were u there the year we parked trailers In the field/mud pit? We dragged trucks and trailers In with tractors. I live a couple miles from there. Known Bob since he moved up from Connecticut in 97.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

logman81

I see Tucker made a comeback at Duluth. Congrats to him and arctic cat for both wins. Now that I'm getting a sled the wife wants one two! So I found a very clean  ' 01 zr  600 for her. And now I'm going to need a trailer to haul them . I did fined a nice all aluminum clam shell trailer close to me, think I'll snag all three ! Now to get the logs to the mill!

barbender

You better get some logs to the mill $$$ ;D

logman81

I plan on it very soon!

logman81

Cody Thomsen takes the win !

Thank You Sponsors!