iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any J.A Fay&Egan collectors

Started by Birchwood Logging, November 27, 2013, 08:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birchwood Logging

Has any body ever seen a old 1908 j.a fay&egan 4 head moulding machine I have one and was wandering how rare they are I can only find one on the Internet and it is in a museum we still use ours to make flooring and moulding it dose a fine job for a 100 plus year old machine
John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

warren46

Take a look at Old Wood Working Machines website.  http://vintagemachinery.org/  You will find lots of information on Fay&Egan machines.

Warren
Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

Birchwood Logging

Thanks for the link they have a lot of old fay&egan machines I guss my qustion is dose it have more of a collector value or an operational machine I've been thinking about selling my trim shop equipment I also got a Newman 8 b 4 sided planer
John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

warren46

A lot of the old woodworking machines on that site are in regular use.  If the machine is in good operating condition then it should be a "user."

Warren
Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

logman 219

HI!! I HAVE A j.a. fay % EGAN MODEL 506  12" JOINTER THAT I USE EVERY DAY ORIGINAL MOTOR LONG GONE , I INSTALLED 5HP  220 WHEN I GOT IT. WOULD LIKE TO  PICTURE OF MOLDER. IS IT 3 PHASE OR SINGLE ?HOW MANY TON DOES IT WEIGHT??

Birchwood Logging

Birchwood Logging

The machine had lead babit bushings originally they have all been replaced with roller bearings and the profile head has been motorized by a separate 5 hp motor has a 25 hp motor running the rest of the heads and feed it makes some really nice moldings I have 20 different knives plus t&g knives  it runs off y delta 3 phase I'm not for sure how much it weighs I would say 2 to 3 ton

5quarter

What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Thank You Sponsors!