iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Redwood kings (another Reality show)

Started by redbeard, November 24, 2013, 02:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbeard

Looks promising it airs Nov. 29th on Animal planet. Trying to add U tube link, not working for me today.  can someone help me out thanks if you can.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

redbeard

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Mooseherder

I'll take these type shows over any canned laughter junk they put out on the big networks.
Discovery, Animal  Planet and the like are kicking the networks tail with programming.
One more for the dvr. :)

JohnM

That looks pretty neat.  Can't imagine what that kids playhouse cost. ;D  No cable or sat for me so I'll have to wait for it on Netflix. :)
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

redbeard

Worlds largest chainsaw 13' there going to cut a giant redwood on Animal planet channel Fri. Nov.29th

coxy

wouldn't take long to cut a truck load of fire wood up with that :D 8)

Leigh Family Farm

Already set the DVR for this one tonight. I hope its better than Big Bad Wood. Looks very interesting to me, especially the design and use of the downed redwoods.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

redbeard

Iam Hooked! I liked that the drama was very low key and the crew are very professional. The sawmill looked like a Linn and I wonder how big that saw head was on that 13' bar?

turnkey

It was interesting but I was rather disappointed.  Very little saw action with no discussion about the saws except for the mention of finding stuff in the stumps.   

As for drama, I spotted what I suspect is setting up for lots of it in the future. 

Sure do wish they would announce the price of the completed projects.

Harry K

terry f

If you have to ask, you can't afford it, is what I think the price is. Good show, low drama, no subtitles. For you guys who could work like that, you could probably pick things apart, but for someone like me who has trouble even with directions, its pretty cool. Closest thing to reality I've seen yet.

redbeard

The true Guru of that type of wood art or fallie construction (looks like it will fall over) is Steve Blanchard. Redwood kings and tree house masters have there style and its good. Steve Blanchard is over the top. 

gologit

It's good to see somebody getting some use out of all the cull logs that were left in the woods.
Semi-retired...life is good.

Jason_AliceMae Farms

I remember seeing some of what Steve Blanchard could do on a chainsaw carving show that they used to have on with him.  I think it was called Saw Dogs, the tree houses and carvings that they showed were amazing!
Watching over 90 acres of the earth with 50 acres being forest.

Someday I would like to be able to say that I left thes 90 acres healthier than when I started watching over them.

Thank You Sponsors!