iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logman81 new job pics

Started by logman81, November 24, 2013, 12:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

Here are a couple job starting pics of the new hardwood thinking job. I will post lots more as the job progresses .
Precision Firewood & Logging

thecfarm

Red oak? What's that with a dark heart on the right?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

plasticweld

I was looking at your skidder, what model treefarmer and is that  cable that goes from the roof to the back of the arch?

logman81

The wood is red, white and black oak, soft maple, black birch and beach. I not sure about the one log with dark heart. The skidder is a c5d, the chain going from the cab to the arch is to keep trees and limbs from falling on the winch.

Autocar

Thanks for scharing I always enjoy seeing how the equipment and tree diameters very from different areas.
Bill

logman81

Ya I got lucky and got this lot, some pretty big oaks on it.

thecfarm

I have also seen a chain on each side of the blade too on the side of the motor.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

logman81

Yes those are for ejecting logs when they get over the blade.

logman81

Here is another pic, can't get back in there for at least a couple of days from now with all this rain. To wet to get a log truck in to pic up these nice logs. :(

g_man

thecfarm

I cut a bunch of maple for my wife's engagement ring years ago. Kinda looks the same size,but having only a tractor I could only handle one at a time that length. That was nice some looking stuff. It grew in among the high white pines and grew nice and tall and straight. By the time I came to really any limbs,it had crothed out and the rest was just firewood.

beenthere

QuoteI cut a bunch of maple for my wife's engagement ring years ago.

She still wearing that maple ring?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

It's a mighty fine maple ring too.  ;)

mad murdock

That is some nice hardwood LM81!! The Treefarmer is looking first rate as well.  Happy thanksgiving to you!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

logman81

Thanks mad murdock yeah thankfull for being able to cut such nice oak. Yeah the tree farmer isn't to bad it pulls wood and that's what counts! Hope you have a good holiday to.

nedly05

Any more pics of the job? Looking good!

logman81

I haven't been to the job in a few days do to all the rain, been selling a little firewood waiting for things to dry or freeze up. Their will be plenty more pics to come once I get back over there thanks for asking.

logman81

A couple more pics for you to enjoy!

nedly05

Nice! Some beautiful wood there, what are you stacking your wood with on the header?

WmFritz

Nice looking logs and looks like some decent weather your having too. Are they getting sawn or processed for firewood?
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

logman81

Yeah going to have to call the mill soon to get them, I'm stacking the wood with skidder,

logman81

They are veneer and high grade saw logs, I'd have to be nuts to cut them up for firewood. The tops will go for firewood after all the logs are cut. The weather has been ok, we're supposed to get some rain this week so that is going to put a wrench into getting the logs to the mill.

Maine logger88

Nice looking machine and logs! Do you yard tree length or cut too length in the woods?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

keen

Nice work, some nice timber too! What size tires do you have on the c5d?

logman81

I pre buck the logs to length in the woods then skid them to the landing where I cut them to length . The tires on it are. 23.1x26

Thank You Sponsors!