iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my old pettibone my live again

Started by coxy, November 22, 2013, 06:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

this spring I asked what would make it miss  its a 353  well the rod was bent and broke the skirt off the bottom  its all most back together    about 2 hours and it will be screaming  again  8) 8) 8) wont know what to do only using 5-6 gal of fuel a day instead of 30 :) wish me luck that it will run my buddy and I fixed it :D

treeslayer2003

I bet water got in that cylinder through the exuast and that bent the rod. better go over your exaust system. be a good idea to have her tuned as well.

logman81

Glad to here you got it up and running, can't beat the detroit for fuel savings!
Precision Firewood & Logging

coxy

Quote from: treeslayer2003 on November 22, 2013, 06:23:45 PM
I bet water got in that cylinder through the exuast and that bent the rod. better go over your exaust system. be a good idea to have her tuned as well.
ya it had a little help getting in there some one was mad at me for getting a job >:( in 10 years that I have had it never water in there   the pipe is 3in black iron pipe up and over the cage and out the back  have an idea who did it but cant prove it :'(

logman81

That's not cool, get out there and pull some wood with it!

coxy

the guy that bought your bone is getting mine  :) ;D

logman81

coxy

ya he does  he has pulled a lot of wood with it      the axel cost him 1800   its kind of funny he has 3 23-1-26 and one 18-4 34 on it     told him he is going to rip some thing apart but its been 9monts that way  :o  if  it was me wouldn't have made it out of the shop door :D  fired my bone up this after noon runs good I am having second though s  :'(  going to miss the old girl   my wife said I think you love that more then me ;D I had no words for that ;D ;D

logman81

Good I'm glad it is working good for him. I would change that tire to  a 23, 18 are to small for that size machine. When it left me they were all the same size. Glad yours is up and running those pettibones are rare birds and need to be kept alive. Tell him I said hi.

Maine logger88

Really 3 23.1s and a 18.4 that must look funny lol I think there's like 4 in hight difference between the two that must be hard on the differentials
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Thank You Sponsors!