iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got my loader home

Started by lyle niemi, November 21, 2013, 06:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

It was a very wintery day but we got the loader loaded up and hauled to the mill. Its in the shop now thawing out so I can service it in the morning

sealark37

That should keep the log deck straight!  While it is in the shop, take a close look at the pivot pin in the middle and the U-joints.  Easier to service now than after the fail.  Good Luck, and Regards, Clark

POSTON WIDEHEAD

DanG Lyle....That is one HECK of a machine!
But that snow is killing me......I can't stand COLD weather.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

highleadtimber16

Good looking machine!! 966B?? Nice to have chains. They're not very good on ice... Especially on steep hillsides.....  :D Have fun!
2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

beenthere

Now that is a machine....  and it looks oh so comfortable just getting it to the shop.   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

YellowHammer

Great looking machine.  I got cold just looking at the picture :D
Congratulations
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Chuck White

Man, that is some loader, Lyle.

That will move a lot of stuff.

Best of luck with it!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

:o  Now that is a whack loader for sure.  Congrats.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

RayMO

Very nice big machine. I have it's little brother the 922 .
Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

Brucer

I love articulated loaders. My favourite around a sawmill.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

lyle niemi

I tried out the old 66 today, I grabbed a couple of mouthfulls of logs. It's something I'm gonna have to get use to driving thats fer sure

highleadtimber16

lyle, is your loader the older one with 2 speed high and low range?
EG 200 Wood-Mizer

lyle niemi

Quote from: highleadtimber16 on November 23, 2013, 10:46:36 PM
To tell ya the truth Im not really sure, I havnt had much time to really look at it, I just wanted to play today..lol

highleadtimber16

Quote from: lyle niemi on November 23, 2013, 11:01:47 PM
Quote from: highleadtimber16 on November 23, 2013, 10:46:36 PM
To tell ya the truth Im not really sure, I havnt had much time to really look at it, I just wanted to play today..lol

You'll figure it out when you want to go faster  :D
EG 200 Wood-Mizer

Brucer

It's a bit strange your first time on an articulated loader. Turn the wheel to the right and you find yourself facing to the left -- and that's where the rear wheels are headed, too :o. I still get caught backing up out of a tight corner. Turn the wheel sharp to keep the forks from swinging into an obstruction as you back up and the DanG things move even faster toward the obstruction. I always have to remember to coax my way out.

mad murdock

The "other" thing(s) that 966 will be great for is moving all the dust you have around the mill, the white fluffy kind and the woody kind.  Did you get the oversized scoop with it?  When I worked for an air carrier in the Great Land, we had either 966's or Volvo's. We had forks for loading and unloading aircraft (cargo), and we had the oversized scoops for snow removal. The hydraulic pins on the front were really nice on the Volvo, as uou could swap attachments without ever leaving the comfort of the cab.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Peter Drouin

I got to get me one.  something like that. the forks on the John Deere work but what you have is the cats meow  :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

customdave

Nice machine Lyle!, if we keep gettin snow like we are your going need something that big to move around. I have close to 3' @ home here & November isn't over yet, have fun& play safe...

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

thecfarm

mad murdock,I saw that once when I went to pick up some sawdust for the horses.They dropped off the forks and picked up the bucket in seconds. I have no idea what kind it was. That would be handy.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JSwigga

i'm jealous!! I want a loader like that!! 
60" Lucas Dedicated Slabber, TimberKing 2200 , 5 ton Nissan forklift, John Deere FEL

slider

Lyle when I first saw it i thought 944,where are my glasses .Nice score .Looks like good rubber on it too.
al glenn

highleadtimber16

Quote from: slider on November 24, 2013, 01:47:49 PM
Lyle when I first saw it i thought 944,where are my glasses .Nice score .Looks like good rubber on it too.

I thought it was a 950. It's a little older than my grandpas. The older ones are smaller height wise.
EG 200 Wood-Mizer

Brucer

The local pole mill has a couple of Cat loaders -- he big one's a 980. The only thing they use the buckets for is moving snow or sawdust. They've modified their buckets by extending them forward a couple of feet, which means the top of the bucket would seriously interfere with the operators vision. To solve this problem, the tops consist of a solid bar across the extended front, with a bunch of heavy steel strips running back to the top of the original bucket. The steel strips are spaced a couple of tinches apart so the operator can see "through" them. Sawdust and wet snow doesn't seem to fall out when the bucket is fully loaded.

Thank You Sponsors!