iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rain, Wind and the floods...

Started by inspectorwoody, May 23, 2004, 06:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inspectorwoody

Just wanted to check and see how everybody was doing that was affected by the storms that have rolled across the states.

All is well for me although Independence is flooding and were expecting more water coming from the north. Rumor was we were suppose to get hit hard again tonight but I think that has been canceled.

Spent the day in Manchester, Iowa....I'm sure you could find some news info on this town which is to the east of me about 25 miles. They are also flooded pretty bad but tonight as of 5 or so the water had dropped. Removed a tree from a house and did some more clean up and removal of those blown down etc.

Time to catch some zzzzz!  ;)

Gadget

CHARLIE

We've been getting a lot of rain here in SE Minnesota but the bad stuff passed south of us down in Iowa.  Parts of Iowa got hammered.  I know there was flooding but I think there were some tornadoes too.  Bunches of folks in Iowa could sure use your prayers right now.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Norm

The tornados have gone to the north of us. All we got was wind and rain here, some flooding but not too bad. One small town in the nw Iowa got all of their houses destroyed. They showed the path it took from the air and looked to be 1/2-3/4 of a mile wide. They had so many people volunteering to help clean up they asked that nobody else show up as they already had enough.

Folks helping out like you Dustin make us all proud to live here. :)

EZ

Plowboy

We've has a lot of rain here is Southern WI.  Since Friday we've had 7.5" of rain.  Lots of water standing in the fields and some flooding.  Last night there was some reports of tornadoes but I haven't heard of much damage yet.  

inspectorwoody

Thanks Norm  ;)

River here in Independence is still flowing high and strong. They said it dropped six inches as of yesterday but you would never be able to tell. Unsure how much rain we got last night but you can bet it will be a while before it goes back in its banks.

Southern Iowa got hit hard again last night with some severe storms. Have not heard how many tornados etc. they had.

Gadget

Norm

We got more heavy rains last night, after the front passed through it blew hard. We lost power around 11:00 and just got it back on around 5:00, those guys that work the lines have my upmost respect. :)

Southern Iowa and northern Missouri got the bad weather from what I could see on the radar, hope everyone made it through ok.

Kevin

I had a few trees to deal with from that but not as many as the local power --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/photo/26601181/146641116clCGof

Larry

Little bit weird this year.  Thunderstorm pop's up in 10 minutes, spins off a couple of tornadoes, than disappears.  Had the bulls eye on us for the past couple of days but all been misses so far.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!