iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Here

Started by M_S_S, November 19, 2013, 07:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M_S_S

Greetings gentlemen, I am new on this forum. Lol I just found it. I live in northeastern California. I manage a cattle ranch and also cut firewood for sale. I cut mainly Juniper, Lodgepole Pine and some Pondarosa Pine. Lol I am old (68) so my production is not much to brag on. I do it to stay in shape and like being out in the woods. Ed
2- 562xp 24"bar
         576xp 28"bar
         385xp 28" and 32" bars
         25 ton Speeco
         6600 Ford
         02 Dodge diesel
         73 Ford 250

doctorb

Well Ed, sounds like you belong here.  Welcome to the Forum.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

thecfarm

M_S_S.welcome to the forum. Does not matter how much you get done in a day,as long as you are happy with it. That's how I go at things. I built a building for the wife. Still working on it. I have heard how some say they could do it faster. I just say,come over any time and help. No takers,just talkers.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Cedar Savage

Welcome to The Forestry Forum Ed. What kinda saws are ya running?
"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

M_S_S

Cedar, I am running Huskies. Have a 562xp with a 28"bar and two 450's with 20"bars. Lol I ran Sthils till I moved up here 5 years ago. Left my 064 and 034 with my youngest son. I fell trees anywhere from 12 to 36 inches on the butt. Like cutting the Lodgepole, tall trees not many limbs. Juniper are all limbs lol. Ed
2- 562xp 24"bar
         576xp 28"bar
         385xp 28" and 32" bars
         25 ton Speeco
         6600 Ford
         02 Dodge diesel
         73 Ford 250

bobby s

M S S, Welcome to the forum! Lots of info. to be learned from the people around here. And besides, they don't think you're crazy cuz you enjoy cutting wood. :D

Cedar Savage

I hope I can still swing a saw when I'm 68......
"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

M_S_S

Cedar, that is the reason I bought the 562xp lol. was going to get a 372xp, a young friend that cuts with me has one, but the weight difference made me go with the 562. I bought the saw used, I needed a saw that would handle a larger bar. I use it mainly for felling and bucking the bigger Pine and Juniper. The 450's for limbing and cutting posts. I cut a lot of small Junipers for posts, 8" to 10" on the butt, 8 ft long, I also cut Lodgepole for corral poles, 17' to 25', 5 inch on the butt. Lol gives this old man something to do in the winter and early spring. ED
2- 562xp 24"bar
         576xp 28"bar
         385xp 28" and 32" bars
         25 ton Speeco
         6600 Ford
         02 Dodge diesel
         73 Ford 250

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Thank You Sponsors!