iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone ever heard of International Carbide blades?

Started by Tee, November 19, 2013, 09:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tee

I picked some up _bay for $10 a piece simply for price. There description is: "158" (13' 2") Hard Back Mill Bandsaw blade, 1 1/4" wide, 0.042" thick, with 1.3 hook TPI". If anyone has any idea what "hook" teeth mean or can compare that to 4,7,9,10 degree.
      Also on a blade subject; Anybody noticed that Bailey's caries W-M blades now? Yes, W-M brand. Not all sizes and descriptions but some.

mmartone

Will be interesting to see how these work/last and what kind of wood your milling.
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

Tee

Very Interesting. I came across this while trying to find some info on the blades. Lots of info on this one page for any of us newer sawyers. if you don't have interest in all of it, skim down to the "Variables That Affect Bandsaw Blade Performance". Look at the #1 variable. Who'd a thunk it.

http://www.sharptool.com/products/Thin%20Kerf%20Bandsaws.htm

ladylake

Some interesting reading on that link.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!