iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My 9 year old's first buck

Started by NWP, November 19, 2013, 09:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWP

My son Kody shot a doe 2 years ago then got nothing last year. This year he got this buck and a doe. He shoots a .243. The buck was about 90 yards out and he shot once. He's pretty excited about it. I know I counted 10 points but I can only see 9 in the picture. There must be one hidden by the angle of the picture. It's at the taxidermist now.

1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

thecfarm

Nice looking buck. Here in Maine you have to be 10 to go hunting. I have a 10 year old grand daughter that will be 10 on Friday.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

woodsteach

Awesome buck, my 14 yr old daughter also got her first buck this year as well.  I hope you are as proud of yours as I am of mine.  !!!
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

coxy

awesome job kody    smiley_clapping smiley_clapping

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You da Man Kody!
My son is 11 and shoots a .243. Got his first 8 point this years.
But your 10 point takes the Forestry Forum Trophy!  8)

Your smile tells me you now have BUCK FEVER!  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Corley5

Congrats  8) 8) 8)  That's a nice deer  8) 8)

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Magicman

Congrats to Kody for scoring on a very nice "first buck".   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

m wood

very very nice Kody!  My boys are 15 and 22.  They go out w/me every year but never wanted to carry the weapon.  Good for them, its their choice.  They still LOVE venison every way that dad prepares it!  and thats a GOOD thing :)
mark 
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

VT_Forestry

Very cool, it's great to see dads spending quality time outdoors with their sons
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

ET

Super buck Kody!  I love seeing young people getting involved with hunting and fishing. My 2nd daughter (now 33) has become a great success at fishing but never wanted to hunt, she also loves eating venison and jerky. My grandson is only 1 1/2, im hoping he will enjoy the sport with grampe!
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

drobertson

real good Missouri buck! with the price of ammo these days no sense is wasting rounds ;D  Give Kody our congrats,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ron Scott

~Ron

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!