iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hard to beat a satisfied customer,

Started by drobertson, November 18, 2013, 08:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

Just loaded what will be the finish boards to the 5th cabin, what I heard just about blew me away.
These guys build for fixed income retirement housing at a low cost, but the finish is far from what you would expect.  These guys are expert carpenters, and to have them say, "we really don't need a level for your boards"
means allot.  I have yet to see their cabins, but know the reputation of them.  Two more or so on order,
I know what I saw, but to hear it,  adds a little bit of worth to the effort,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Congrats on producing consistent lumber.  Yes, quality pays.....and pays.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Any compliment said, that makes a Sawyer smile makes it all worth it.
Way to go David.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

JB Griffin

2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Nomad

Congrats!  You've got a right to be proud. You're a craftsman doing what you do well.  Just remember; if your head swells too much you'll have to buy bigger hats. :D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

thecfarm

Those little compliments to them are really big compliments to you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jamesamd

All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

drobertson

There's allot to be said about cutting what a customer needs and leave it at that, thanks guys, and a pat on the back goes along ways in this ole boys way of thinking, a check is just the bonus,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

justallan1

I agree 100%, David. Getting a compliment for a job well done is worth gold.

Allan

JustinW_NZ

Well done, its always terrific to get such happy customers!
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Chuck White

In addition, I like to hear "We only had to run the lumber through the planer twice" to get a good surface!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Leigh Family Farm

Thats great to hear. Why not write up a little story about it and send it to Woodmizer? I'm sure they would love to hear about it. It might be a good plug for you and the carpenters. Just a thought...
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

dboyt

Good to hear the milling business is still going strong.  Sounds like you and the mill are both running in top form.  How you manage to work 8 days a week?  Best of luck!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

drobertson

Lights in the shed, and a very good logger buddy,  it's not always easy, but enjoyable with satisfied customers,
david

Thank You Sponsors!