iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Alaskan mill question

Started by dmcc, May 22, 2004, 11:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmcc

I recently took an Alaskan mill with a Husky 2101 saw as payment for a sawing job (I run a bandmill). It is the 24" model. Does anybody know where I can find longer lengths of the aluminum t-track so I can make use of a longer bar? I'd like to have it ready to quarter any logs too big for my bandmill so I'd like to increase it to 40" or bigger.
Thanks!
"Still looking for that one BIG log"

Stan

The manufacturer has expansion kits available. The extrusion seems to be specially made for them, I've never been able to find it anywhere else.  :)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Kelvin

I rip big logs freehand.  Loss is minimal, but setting up the jigs to saw with the alaskan drove me crazy, and i've found the saw works faster with the grain, so i have a 50" bar that i saw down the but on each end after making a connecting cut.  Not perfect, but much faster.  I don't use rip chain either.  Sell the mill on ebay.

dmcc

Stan,
 I haven't found the track anywhere else either. I'll contact them about the expansion kit.

Kelvin,
I think I'm going to keep the Alaskan. It might come in handy when I want to take out a dimensional piece with it.

Thanks for the info!
"Still looking for that one BIG log"

Thank You Sponsors!