iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is this fairly decent spalting?

Started by Slingshot, November 17, 2013, 03:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slingshot

Sawed this log off a hard maple tree that has been down, main part laying up off the ground,
for about 3 years. And sawed a few boards showing some spalting. .......It  is about 22 inches on
butt end....

Nomad

If that wood is still solid I wouldn't call that fairly decent spalting.  I'd call it spectacular spalting!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

5quarter

nice boards. I'd you timed that perfect!
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Chuck White

That's some nice spalt there Slingshot!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Slingshot

Thanks; There is a little softness in places just under the bark but what is shown
  in the pictures is solid. I think I will cut some 2 inch slabs off the widest part. I can
  get a couple more 8ft logs off the largest part of the tree and some more smaller logs.
  I will cut this log on up and see how it is on into the center.

sling_shot

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Good find Sling Shot. Lots of these logs around if we'd just go look for them.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

lowpolyjoe

thecfarm

Just in time!! What's the use for the lumber??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LoneDuck

Looks great to me. Love to have some.

WellandportRob

Nice wood. I would be getting that to the kiln though sooner than later.
2016 Wood-Mizer LT40HG 35 , Alaskan MKIII 60", Chev Duramax, Anderson logging trailer. Lucas DSM 23-19.

Thank You Sponsors!