iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No shootout this year??

Started by Wife, May 22, 2004, 09:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wife

Hey, I chased up the details on this years Shootout (should have been at the Paul Bunyan show), but was told they are not having one, and would let me know the details, and where the next one would be.

What a bummer. Was looking forward to releasing an amazing new design in thin-kerf sawing by then (currently in test phase). Now not sure if its worth it travelling thousands of miles just for the show, and no shootout.

What do you guys think? Is the shootout really important to you? How many of you would have gone to the Paul Bunyan show if there HAD been a shootout, but not go now that there isn't one?? Love to know. Would help with my decision.
Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

EZ

We go to the PB show every year and was really excited to see the shootout. Now what happen.
EZ

Hokiemill

Wife,

Tell us more about the super thin kerf blade.  I've seen some mention of it on a previous thread.  Will the 8" make a full cut in a single pass?  Thicker blade was always touted as one of your advantages over the lucas - they have to make two passes on 8" cuts.  Give us a sneak-peek.  Please. ;D

oakiemac

I am surprised and dissappointed that the shoot out was cancelled. I was told earlier that it would be at the PB show this year.
Are you sure it is cancelled?
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Jeff

I heard the same thing from Samantha from Baker last week.  I am trying to get more information.

I'll keep you informed of what I come up with.

I know thia ws the reason many of us were going that may not have gone otherwise.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kedwards

I hope not.. I was really looking forward to taking the family there again this year. Had a blast last year. :(
His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like socks in a dryer without cling free

Jeff

The word is that there is an answer coming, but thats all I know. Exact words are:

"It will be announced soon."  :)  
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

D._Frederick

I am wondering if Sawmill & Woodlot is not having problems, they have had problems keeping editors, a new one every year and the magazine keeps getting thinner.

Captain

I for one am in hopes they change their mind.  But i will be there anyway :)

Captain

OneWithWood

The articles in SM seem to getting less meatier also. :-/
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Bibbyman

Here is a reply on the shootout - posted over on the Shows and Events board.

Shootout
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!