iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 359

Started by labdad, November 16, 2013, 04:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

labdad

Well she's running again.  I know this isn't a big deal to most of you here but I just replaced my intake manifold on my 359. After reading about the bad clamp and I was having some issues with the carb I decided to mess with it myself.  I have always done my own maintenance but haven't taken a 2 stroke engine apart in years. I rounded up all my parts including a rebuild kit for my Walbro carb and went to work. I put her altogether this morning and fired her up.  Have to say it felt pretty good to hear her run again. I just retired so I have time to mess with stuff like this now, may look for something else to work on. Thanks to all the info on here and some of the other forums it felt like I had someone helping me. 8)
My equipment
Husky 50 Rancher
Husky 359
Brave 26 ton splitter

Ordinary men have excuses
Extraordinary men have solutions

sawguy21

Good job, you are doing well in chainsaws 101. ;D I think most of us derive a great deal of pleasure from troubleshooting and successfully repairing a dead player.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

MidWestTree

Those are great saws, well worth the effort to swap those leaky intakes on. I omitted the base gaskets and muffler modded mine when I changed them out and they really came to life with a little more fuel on the high and low sides.

Dusty Rhodes

Good Job indeed.  I hope to follow in your footsteps in the not to distant future. (Retire)  Though my 359 is still running good with no issues at the moment. 

MidWestTree

Quote from: Dusty Rhodes on November 16, 2013, 09:36:45 PM
Good Job indeed.  I hope to follow in your footsteps in the not to distant future. (Retire)  Though my 359 is still running good with no issues at the moment.
If you have that original plastic clamp on the intake, don't wait until it's "not" running good to change it out. It will leak air and lean out your saw at some point. Be a shame to burn up the P&C on account of that.

labdad

[/quote]
If you have that original plastic clamp on the intake, don't wait until it's "not" running good to change it out. It will leak air and lean out your saw at some point. Be a shame to burn up the P&C on account of that.
[/quote]
Mine wasn't leaking either, I just didn't want to have to worry about it.
My equipment
Husky 50 Rancher
Husky 359
Brave 26 ton splitter

Ordinary men have excuses
Extraordinary men have solutions

NCFarmboy

Quote from: MidWestTree on November 16, 2013, 08:44:04 PM
Those are great saws, well worth the effort to swap those leaky intakes on. I omitted the base gaskets and muffler modded mine when I changed them out and they really came to life with a little more fuel on the high and low sides.

+1 on great saws!!  IMO Husky's most underated pro grade saw.  I like em better than the 357XP have both.  One of my 359 is Woods Ported it gets the duty 357 sits on shelf lookin pretty.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

motard

Yup.

The 359 was the bang for the buck saw in it's day.

I moved out to a place with a woodlot, and soon found my little 2.3 Homie was NOT going to cut it, so to speak.

It was all I needed living in town for a few trimmings. So started looking for a better saw, Got my 359 with the good 20" bar,3 chains and a T-shirt, $419 to me door.

Uncork that muffler and cut the limiters off that dude tune 'er up and she will go!

Thank You Sponsors!