Old Sayings…...

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

duller than a hoe  or its so dull you could ride to NY on it and never get cut

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: 4x4American on November 11, 2017, 07:07:05 PM

I usually say its duller than a game of golf

Now you've struck a nerve.  >:(  ( old saying)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dave Shepard

4x4, prepare for a butting. In a couple weeks, it will take a while for the goat to get to upstate NY. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Mcavvie

Busier than a cat trying to cover poop on the sidewalk.
Wood-Mizer LT15, Bolens 1900H Eliminator, JD 2018 3039r/FEL/forks, Komatsu PC18MR2 mini ex.

red

Struck a nerve ?  You play Golf in a skirt . 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Chuck White

Busier than a chicken scratching mud!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Darrel

Happier than a dog with a stick
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Chuck White

Jumpier than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!   :o
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sandhills

Darrel

Quote from: sandhills on November 13, 2017, 08:59:50 AM
Quote from: red on November 12, 2017, 03:29:44 PM
Struck a nerve ?  You play Golf in a skirt .
:D :D :D

Does that keep the game from being dull or something? :D
1992 LT40HD

Hilltop366

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on November 12, 2017, 02:17:44 PM
Quote from: 4x4American on November 11, 2017, 07:07:05 PM

I usually say its duller than a game of golf

Now you've struck a nerve.  >:(  ( old saying)

Don't let him get your goat Poston  ;D

coxy

busier than a one armed paper clip hanger 

coxy

that old lady is meaner than a box full of yellow jackets  :)  not shur if I said this one but that guy is so crooked when he dies they will have to screw him in the ground

WV Sawmiller

He is so tight he'd skin a flea for his tallow.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WV Sawmiller

"There will be no leave, liberty, mail or pay until morale improves" - USMC memories.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Banjo picker

I got one similar to that.  I seen this on an office door.  " The beatings will continue until morale improves." Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WV Sawmiller

Yep, seen that one too. Very appropriate.
Howard Green

WDH

New Old Saying......"When One smashes a Blade Guide Arm into the Loader Arms that were Left too High, There is Much Trouble Ahead."
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Oh Man, not again......again!!    :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on November 26, 2017, 08:16:55 AM
New Old Saying......"When One smashes a Blade Guide Arm into the Loader Arms that were Left too High, There is Much Trouble Ahead."

Tell me you didn't ?  :o

Darrel

And that, my friends is what makes WDH such a good admin. He can truly empathize with the rest of us peons.

:D
1992 LT40HD

ljmathias

Ok, believe it or not, I read the whole thread and managed to stay more or less sane... so here's a couple that haven't surfaced yet:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Death is natures way of telling you to be more careful.

Can't start a fire with just the big logs....

Oh, well, my two cents worth for now. Should memory kick in again anytime soon, I've got some more, I think, but maybe not...

LJ
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: ljmathias on November 27, 2017, 09:55:28 PM

I've got some more, I think, but maybe not...

LJ

( old saying )

Mooseherder

If it ain't broke, don't fix it ole saying was missed!
Hard to believe we missed dat one. (Old sayin')
Ya, (yeah) dats a good one! (Old saying)

brianJ

Then there are those people and organizations tht would keep fixing until it is broken.

Thank You Sponsors!