iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Sayings…...

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gww

Or, I used to know everything but I forgot most of it by the time I could talk.
Cheers
gww

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

gww

I just stole this one from a differrent site.
My Grandad used to say, "It's better to do nothing than to work for nothing because then at least you don't eat so much.

Cheers
gww

james

dad , when talking about a "infamous" neighbor , when he dies , wont need to bury him , just put a pipe wrench on his head ,and screw him into the ground

Percy

A bird in the hand will get you a dirty hand.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Randy88

The good die young, the ornery live forever.

coxy

when something is a mess  you cant make plum pudding out of dog ship

WH_Conley

Been around since Moby Dick was a Minnow.
Bill

coxy

that's funny I just heard that a few days ago from an old timer  :)

WV Sawmiller

I worked with a guy one time when I was in USMC who used to say "We've done it like this since Jesus Christ was a corporal."

One time I got frustrated with him and told him "Well, he's a sergeant now so lets try something different."
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

drobertson

Eating lunch, watching "Gunsmoke" I heard the funniest one in a while,,, Festus got shot in the head but lived,, the old codger that saved  Festus, later turns out to be a crazy ole man,, well,  once they found the outlaw that shot Festus,,and Festus determined to bring him in to hang for killing the sheriff,  the crazy ole codger said to Festus,  "you are so hard headed, I bet your head bent that bullet"!!  now thats' pretty hard headed,,,  :D :D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm a Gunsmoke fan. Good 1.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

I heard a good one from Terry Bradshaw, a Fox Sports Analyst about how poor the New York Giants are playing.  He said that they were like a possum.  They play dead at home and get killed on the road.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Hilltop366

Once will watching a Go-cart race the two lead carts were inches apart going around the track and the announcer said "he's on him like a airport Krishna"

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on October 20, 2017, 07:38:51 AM
I heard a good one from Terry Bradshaw, a Fox Sports Analyst about how poor the New York Giants are playing.  He said that they were like a possum.  They play dead at home and get killed on the road.

This is funny, i don't care who you are.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Roxie

"I'll be a monkeys uncle," is an expression that I've often pondered its origin.  Looked it up, and it dates back to the 1926 Snopes trial.   :D :D
Say when

coxy

wow Roxie that brought back some memories   my grandma use to say that all the time  haven't heard that in over 30 years   thanks

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Roxie on October 30, 2017, 10:34:50 AM
"I'll be a monkeys uncle," is an expression that I've often pondered its origin.  Looked it up, and it dates back to the 1926 Snopes trial.   :D :D

My Dad was born in 1926. Maybe he started it.  :D :D :D :D :D

btulloh

Speaking of monkeys, I never knew this until last year:

"The story goes that cannonballs used to be stored aboard ship in piles, on a brass frame or tray called a 'monkey'. In very cold weather the brass would contract, spilling the cannonballs: hence very cold weather is 'cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey'."

-- From The Oxford Dictionary

Not at all what I was thinking.
HM126

coxy

well guess that solves that mystery  ;D

Chuck White

Now that takes the cake!    My Mom used this one a lot! 

Now, don't that beat all!    Festus Haggin, Gunsmoke!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

If your brain was dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your nose.

Mcavvie

Was drilling a piece of steel at work the other, the bit was dull, said to my partner, "this drill is duller than you!"
Wood-Mizer LT15, Bolens 1900H Eliminator, JD 2018 3039r/FEL/forks, Komatsu PC18MR2 mini ex.

4x4American

Quote from: Mcavvie on November 11, 2017, 07:13:41 AM
Was drilling a piece of steel at work the other, the bit was dull, said to my partner, "this drill is duller than you!"

lol thats a good one, I usually say its duller than a game of golf
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!