iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Sayings…...

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I'm gonna go to a Pig Roast.....some day.  :-\

Yes, enough FF members say this for it to be an "Old Saying".
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

Darrel

Quote from: Magicman on August 07, 2017, 02:08:12 PM
I'm gonna go to a Pig Roast.....some day.  :-\

Yes, enough FF members say this for it to be an "Old Saying".

I just wish it wasn't 2000 miles away. And I'm sure that this is an old saying to.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Angela

My father-in-law now passed used to say how tall are you? You give your answer and he'd say I didn't know they stacked poop that high.  :D :D :D
Just a mom, trying to keep my head above the water!!!

coxy

Quote from: Angela on August 08, 2017, 08:38:42 PM
My father-in-law now passed used to say how tall are you? You give your answer and he'd say I didn't know they stacked poop that high.  :D :D :D
welcome to the FF

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Angela!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sandhills

Welcome Angela nice place to be,  where are you from?

Angela

Quote from: coxy on August 08, 2017, 08:46:08 PM
welcome to the FF
I have others but they aren't forum friendly

Angela

Quote from: coxy on August 08, 2017, 08:46:08 PM
welcome to the FF
I live in a little town in the S.W. corner of Missouri in a town called Anderson

Magicman

You and FF member Paul Case are "step" neighbors.  He lives in Quapaw, OK.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Angela

Quote from: Magicman on August 14, 2017, 09:25:00 PM
You and FF member Paul Case are "step" neighbors.  He lives in Quapaw, OK.   ;D
I'm the type of person who can't remember people's names unless we are close. However my Great grandma and family are from okmulgee Oklahoma she was full blood Blackfoot Indian I have Cherokee cousins

Angela

Angela

Quote from: sandhills on August 09, 2017, 09:52:31 AM
Welcome Angela nice place to be,  where are you from?
I live in a little town in the S.W. corner of Missouri in a town called Anderson

WV Sawmiller

Work him like a borrowed mule.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Its a good idea to never meet your Hero.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

btulloh

There's a lot of wisdom in that one POSTON.
HM126

Darrel

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 24, 2017, 08:32:45 PM
Its a good idea to never meet your Hero.

Sadly, I met my hero once. . . . .
1992 LT40HD

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You remind me of a Golf Ball......
You're small, bald and I wanna hit you just as far away from me as I can!  bat_smailey

Darrel

Listen to da Bully Goat and get as far away as you can as fast as you can !!! :D :D

Either that or call his bluff! 8) 8) 8)
1992 LT40HD

Kbeitz

Smack my finger with a hammer... Hey... You all right ?

Nope...

I'm haft left...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

WV Sawmiller

To be a good liar a man needs a real good memory.

Vegetarian - Old Indian word meaning poor hunter/fisherman.

Local election coming up to reduce voter fraud - I tell everyone go vote early and often in support of it.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

This is not an "old saying" because it just came to my mind as I was reading a reply in another topic:   :-\

The most important part of communicating is listening. 

Or I could have said:

If you think that you know everything now, you will later when you finish making mistakes.

WV Sawmiller

On a similar vein - Those people who think they know everything greatly annoy those of us who do.
Howard Green

Thank You Sponsors!