iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Sayings…...

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I just heard this one referring to lessons in life:

If you don't listen to the first note.....you want hear the rest of the song.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Logger RK

We'll see what happens when the tail hold slips.

4x4American

Quote from: logger RK on June 11, 2017, 09:49:51 PM
We'll see what happens when the tail hold slips.

Listen to the song "too high on the stump" by buzz martin and he'll tell ya
Boy, back in my day..

woodmaker

My grandfathers saying, on anything that wasn't perfect,or pretty,but was doing the job "a man running for his life would never notice"
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: woodmaker on June 13, 2017, 10:23:05 PM
My grandfathers saying, on anything that wasn't perfect,or pretty,but was doing the job "a man running for his life would never notice"

Pretty good.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Logger RK

Or,we ain't building a piano. I had heard when building at The neighbors dairy farm.

coxy

no on will ever notice that a 100 years from now

Grizzly

Sorta how my brother described some things. "Good from far, but far from good."
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

rjwoelk

when a wee lad hurts himself. Then told "It will be all better by the time your grandpaw"
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

woodmaker

Another one from gramp,after you cut your finger or scraped your knee "You'll probably live,it's a long way from your heart"
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

redprospector

The biggest fool in town is the man who fools himself.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Darrel

If it weren't for bad luck, wouldn't have no luck at all.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

woodmaker

Waiting to fill a dump truck, I sat behind a guy doing paperwork at the only diesel fuel pump in town. It made me think of another of gramps' sayings."Use your head for something besides a hat rack"

Darrel

Had a teacher in Jr. High that use to say, "Use your brain for more than keeping your ears separated."
1992 LT40HD

Darrel

Quote from: woodmaker on June 22, 2017, 10:21:13 PM
Waiting to fill a dump truck, I sat behind a guy doing paperwork at the only diesel fuel pump in town. It made me think of another of gramps' sayings."Use your head for something besides a hat rack"

I used to live in a town like that, only one diesel pump and the whole county didn't have a single traffic light or a Starbucks, that was over 100 miles away.  Alturas California.
1992 LT40HD

Magicman

There is still not a single traffic light in my "home" county.  The two largest employers are the hospital and jail, and that is no joke.  Zero industry.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Darrel

Exactly how it was in Alturas (Modoc County).  I was a nurse at the hospital and that made me a county employee.
1992 LT40HD

Percy

My grade four teacher told me I was going to be an astronaut when I grew up. She said all I do in school is take up space 😁
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

coxy

I like the governments saying     keep fixing it till its broke  :)

Magicman

I was supposed to be an electrical engineer when I got old, but all that I did was got old.   :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Grizzly

"Great minds think alike" and "Fools seldom differ".
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Chuck White

Sometimes it's as though "The hurryer I go, the behinder I get"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

tree-farmer

From wifes grandma," can't tell how fat a rooster is by looking him in the face".  ;D
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Sheepkeeper

Quote from: Chuck White on August 05, 2017, 06:33:50 AM
Sometimes it's as though "The hurryer I go, the behinder I get"!
Just sometimes??? Seems like most of the time with me  ;D
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

Thank You Sponsors!