iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Sayings…...

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

My dad had a bunch of sayings,, 8)

As good as you are and as bad as I am, I'm as good as you are as bad as I am. :)
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

sandsawmill14

sweet tea goes with everything and nobody eats till after AMEN :) maybe more of a southern thang ;D :) :) :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

west penn

"I can still do a good days work,  Just takes a couple days to do it."

sandsawmill14

a chicken has little bitty head and even it has enough sense to get in out of the rain :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Don't let your education get in the way of learning something.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

tree-farmer

One I use at work is, "you can lead a machinist to a print, but you can't make them read it..."
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Engine who drink whole gallon of Sweet Tea by himself drown in his own TeePee.

69bronco

No sense being dumb if you don't show it!

WDH

Goat Man,

You just insulted all Native Americans and the Whole South.  All with only one sentence.  Now, that takes real skill  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

4x4American

hahaha I thought it was spelt Injun
Boy, back in my day..

sandsawmill14

Quote from: WDH on September 21, 2016, 08:34:58 PM
Goat Man,

You just insulted all Native Americans and the Whole South.  All with only one sentence.  Now, that takes real skill  :D.

smiley_indianchief smile_banjoman the resident goat better be careful we like bbq down here too digin1 digin_2 musteat_1 :D :D :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Al_Smith

The good Lord gave you two ears and one mouth.Look at the ratio .

coxy

Quote from: Al_Smith on September 22, 2016, 04:52:58 AM
umm I have seen some people have 2 mouths one in front and one in the back and talk out of the back one a lot  :D :D

4x4American

Quote from: coxy on September 22, 2016, 08:59:35 PM
Quote from: Al_Smith on September 22, 2016, 04:52:58 AM
umm I have seen some people have 2 mouths one in front and one in the back and talk out of the back one a lot  :D :D

Hey Coxy can you please stand up and turn around so that we can hear what you're saying  :D :D ;D
Boy, back in my day..

coxy

WV Sawmiller

Maybe not old but I saw a cute bumper sticker today "When I die please bury me at the Mall so my wife can visit my grave." :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WV Sawmiller

I heard a guy tell my dad one time "It sure is dry. I bet that's the lowest that river has ever been." Dad told him, "Nope, when I was a kid one time it got so low we had half grown bluegills that did not know how to swim and and when you'd catch one all the catfish had ticks and fleas on them."
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Don't you hate it when you see an old person and you realize.....hey, I went to school with him.  :D :D :D

red

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a WEEK. . Quite from Theodore Roosevelt
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

plowboyswr

Had a very good friend of the family went to church with us when I was growing up who was a logger. Use to like to ruffle my hair and say," hello rosebud" and when asked why rose bud he would say," because you're a real blooming idiot" and he would do it with the biggest grin. I miss that Ole guy.
One of my granddad's favorite sayings was,"better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I heard a new saying on TV a while ago:

Picking a candidate for President this year is like picking a seat on the Titanic.  :D :D :D

SawyerBrown

For us procrastinators: "Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the next day."
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

wolf nemeth

Don't let the facts get in the way  of your opinion!
If you  don't know where you're going, you'll probably end up somewhere else!

james

ain't got brains enough to poke sand in a rat hole
james

Thank You Sponsors!