iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Sayings…...

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warped

Before walking in another man's shoes, first remove yours.......
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

POSTON WIDEHEAD

....I mean that guy had had so much to drink, I saw him holding a Snake and trying to kill a Stick.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

JB Griffin

I believe what Magicman is referring to when he said "Blacksmiths have it made" is the old saying

"There's only two ways a blacksmith can go to hell, beat cold iron or not charging enough"  ;D  And yes Magic we do. 8)
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Don_Papenburg

The ground is so bad you could not raise hell on it with a gallon of moonshine
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

POSTON WIDEHEAD

"While we teach our children all about life, they teach us what life is all about."

Chuck White

You can't get there from here.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SawyerBrown

I was reminded recently of a variation on an old saying by a friend of mine in high school:  "When the going gets tough ... it's tough to get going."

Lot of truth in that ...
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: SawyerBrown on December 09, 2015, 07:52:33 PM
I was reminded recently of a variation on an old saying by a friend of mine in high school:  "When the going gets tough ... it's tough to get going."

Lot of truth in that ...

Good 1

Magicman

My get up and go, got up and went.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

WDH

Quote from: Magicman on December 09, 2015, 09:56:04 PM

Eat some more fruitcake. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on December 10, 2015, 08:25:53 PM
Quote from: Magicman on December 09, 2015, 09:56:04 PM

Eat some more fruitcake.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Gearbox

My mother used to say if wishes were horses we all would ride .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

rjwoelk

This summer while cutting logs for the cabin, or dog was carrying on being goofy, my father in law commented. Oh to have a dogs life. Then his grandson says l dont know if that is a good wish, you would have to lick your butt. Lol
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

sandhills

:D :D :D I already like him!

IndianaJoe

"pulling chicken teeth."
"He is as useful as a football bat."

sandhills

Ok, heard a new one on tv the other night "madder than a mosquito in a mannequin factory" not sure why but I love it  ;D.

Chuck White

He's about as dependable as a rubber crutch!   ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

Quote from: sandhills on December 15, 2015, 09:19:47 PM
Ok, heard a new one on tv the other night "madder than a mosquito in a mannequin factory" not sure why but I love it  ;D.
:D :D

sandsawmill14

cant remember if i already listed this one but  "using your head like a red worm"  when someone has a good idea is one of my favorite :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Chuck White

Busy as a chicken scratching mud!

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

gww

As happy as a three legged dog in a fire hydrant factory.

I haven't heard that one since moby dick was a minnow.
Cheers
gww

Sparty

I worked at a place where we often dealt with people who "weren't all there".  Coworkers would say, "she's nuttier than squirrel turds", or "he needs to be shipped off to the factory to get re-threaded."  My grandpa would point to my grandma and say,"she may be little, but she's mighty!"

wesdor

Successful people have a sense of gratitude.
Unsuccessful people have a sense of entitlement.

Thank You Sponsors!