Old Sayings…...

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalley

He'did tear up a stainless steel ball!
Only correct practice makes perfect.

rjwoelk

Regarding someone with bad character.
Lower than a snakes belly in a wagon wheel rut.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Blacksmiths have it made.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Holmes

" there's a Mutt and Jeff"
Think like a farmer.

Sprucegum

If IQ was octane he couldn't run a lawnmower

SawyerBrown

It ain't over until the fat lady sings.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

4x4American

No fiddle-fartin' around!

Boy, back in my day..

Don_Papenburg

The fit is like a hotdog in a hallway.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

4x4American

Good lord, love a duck!

Jeesum' crow is popular around here
Boy, back in my day..

nas

Heard this one this weekend
"If you listen by the inch, and talk by the yard, you will get kicked by the foot" :D
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

gww

The tongue is longer then the arm. 

The pen is mightier than the sword.

welcome to the father, son and holy ghost, whoever eats the fastest gets the most.

gww

PS not bad manners, just good food.

Roxie

Once in a blue moon - an expression to describe a rare event.  A blue moon occurs when there are two full moons in a month.  The month's second full moon is then called a blue moon.  Our current month of July, has two full moons, one on the 1st and another on the 31st.  There will be a blue moon shining down on the pig roast this year.   :)
Say when

SawyerBrown

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

repmma

Common one I useon the boat when redoing other people's work....

"If they didn't do any work I'd only have half the work"
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

trapper

Quote from: Roxie on July 19, 2015, 11:24:03 AM
Once in a blue moon - an expression to describe a rare event.  A blue moon occurs when there are two full moons in a month.  The month's second full moon is then called a blue moon.  Our current month of July, has two full moons, one on the 1st and another on the 31st.  There will be a blue moon shining down on the pig roast this year.   :)
I showed my wife a blue moon once.  then she realized it was the tinted windshield  ;D
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Pine Ridge

Not really an old saying, but, have you ever wondered why everybody behind you is in a hurry, and nobody in front of you ever is !
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

sandhills

Quote from: Pine Ridge on August 04, 2015, 10:20:44 PM
Not really an old saying, but, have you ever wondered why everybody behind you is in a hurry, and nobody in front of you ever is !
Nobody drives perfect but me  ;D

Pine Ridge

Sandhills how did you read my mind !
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

Warped

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours............jut be careful who you say it to!
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

Magicman

I believe that is said by politicians.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gww

Can't get out of bed to save my life.
My old saying of late.  Been sleeping through two alarms lately.
gww

4x4American

I've had a similar problem...can't hear the alarms anymore!  Course when ya go to sleep so dead tired it's hard to wake up!

Boy, back in my day..

Martha White Nelson

On decision making.....Mama always said, "When in doubt, don't".  It applies to just about anything!
     Buying used cars,
     Hot air balloon ride on a hot day,
     Relationships, should I, or shouldn't I...Just to name a few!  Mama was wise!  I should have listened to her more!

Martha

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Martha White Nelson on August 19, 2015, 10:03:49 AM
     On decision making.....Mama always said, "When in doubt, don't".  It applies to just about anything!
     Buying used cars,
     Hot air balloon ride on a hot day,
     Relationships, should I, or shouldn't I...Just to name a few!  Mama was wise!  I should have listened to her more!

Mama never had a Goat did she?  :D :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!