iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Sayings…...

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaneC

Hopefully everyone knows this is meant to be funny and not serious. If you eat something and it is good, or if you like something a lot, sometimes people say "oooo weeee, that will make you slap your Grandma!" :D :D :D
Man makes plans and God smiles

caveman

Years ago, when I used to coach football, the head coach was a little round man.  One time, when he was evidently hungry, he mentioned that his backbone was rubbing a blister on his belly button.

Caveman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

hackberry jake

"month of Sundays"

Example;

It'll take me a month of Sundays to split all that firewood.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Holmes

Guy at work today said he grew up with, from his mom " TAKE A SHOWER you smell like a goat!!   :)
Think like a farmer.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That ain't funny HOLMES!  :D :D :D

WmFritz

Quote from: Holmes on January 19, 2015, 10:50:50 PM
Guy at work today said he grew up with, from his mom " TAKE A SHOWER you smell like a goat!!   :)

Haw Haw Haw!!!    ;D ;D ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sawguy21

:D :D :D I wondered how long before POSTON would show up.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Old saying like that make me wanna fly off the handle!  bat_smailey

Talking about my smell? What chu trying to say Willies? I stink?  :D :D :D :D :D

Mn woodchuck

If ya want to go downhill fast I'm your man ... When building a sled 
Red Green.
to soon oldt to late schmart!
3 husky 350xps 340xp 362 346. 372xp McCullough 710.and a jonsered 2150 sopped up..
Cat D6 D2

Roxie

Quote from: hackberry jake on January 19, 2015, 10:44:55 PM
"month of Sundays"

Example;

It'll take me a month of Sundays to split all that firewood.

That's a good one that I haven't heard in a coons age! 
Say when

WV Sawmiller

WM Fritz,

I used to tell my son back when we had goats and when we had real bad weather I'd move our goats into his room except for the smell then I'd tell him, "Oh well, they'll get used to it after a while."
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

DeerMeadowFarm

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -T.Edison

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.

My mechanic told me "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your Horn louder"

Sprucegum

If us kids got too rowdy in the house Dad would tell us "Get outside and get the stink blown off ya"

Roxie

That was my Grandmother's favorite expression, Sprucegum.  One day she yelled that at my sister and me, and my sister in complete sincerity, lifted her arm and sniffed her armpit area and said to me, "I must have a Presbyterian under my arm." 
Say when

so il logger

Only thing wrong with that truck is the NUT behind the steering wheel

Alexanderthelate

My grandmother used to tell rowdy children to "go outside until I get time to shoot you!"

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: DeerMeadowFarm on January 20, 2015, 10:22:45 AM

My mechanic told me "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your Horn louder"

:D :D :D

SawyerBrown

You can't squeeze blood from a turnip.

As rare as hens teeth.

Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

LaneC

Pertaining to be the wiser, "The old coon walks last" The old coons will let the young coons walk across a log etc. If they make it, then the old coon will go ahead and cross.
Man makes plans and God smiles

sandhills

Not sure if it's been posted yet but it pertains directly to me, "dumb as a box of rocks"  ;D

4x4American

Referring to something that tastes good:

Make your tongue slap your eyeballs out!
Boy, back in my day..

WV Sawmiller

The early bird gets the worm (but the second mouse gets the cheese)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WV Sawmiller

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.
Howard Green

4x4American

(proberly already been said)

rode hard and put up wet
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!