iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Sayings…...

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

coxy

she is so ugly she looks like modern art  ;D

Alexanderthelate

As much good as a glass eye in the fog. Or a joke book at a funeral.

hacknchop

Couple heard before "dont get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man"the other one" got a lot on his mind too bad its vacant" I know I said a couple but remembered "cheap? They invented copper wire fighting over a penny"
Often wrong never indoubt

YoungStump

Mom used to tell me "you don't have to if you want to"

"He took off like a jet out of a bologna patch"
Echo Enterprises 45HD2 production series band mill, Cook's Edger, sawing mostly pallet cants, rr ties, and grade lumber.

4x4American

My momma told me just the other day that when I was a kid I was so ugly they had to hang a porkchop around my neck to get the dog to play with me  :embarassed:
Boy, back in my day..

coxy

Quote from: 4x4American on January 16, 2015, 06:26:38 PM
My momma told me just the other day that when I was a kid I was so ugly they had to hang a porkchop around my neck to get the dog to play with me  :embarassed:
:D never heard that one

4x4American

He could eat corn through a picket fence  :o

(buck teeth)
Boy, back in my day..

goose63

Quote from: coxy on January 16, 2015, 06:50:56 PM
Quote from: 4x4American on January 16, 2015, 06:26:38 PM
:D never heard that one
Thy would feed him with a sling shot
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

sandhills

Ya, momma still tells me that, I don't get nervous until the mastiff wants to play though  ;D.

Billbob

"He criticizes everything.  If they hung him he would complain they didn't use enough rope!"
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

red oaks lumber

he's tighter than 2 coats of paint     or tighter than bark on a tree
your wound up tighter than cheap watch.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

WV Sawmiller

When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Uncle Will - not yelling and screaming like the other 5 people in the car he was driving at the time.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I never lose.....either I win or I learn.   smiley_carpenter_hit_thumb

whitepine2

That tractor of yours don't have enough power to pull a setting
hen off her nest.

Roxie

To those to whom it applies:  Just a reminder folks, this is an old sayings thread, not gross sayings.  Let's clean it up.
Say when

MrPete

Or the one I catch myself saying often "It is what it is."

WV Sawmiller

You can't fly with the eagles all day if you hoot with the owls all night.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Mooseherder

The last two posts had to be removed.  That brings the count to 15 posts that have been removed from this thread.  Some old sayings should stay in the past.  It was a whole different era.   Disguising words using dollar signs for an S doesn't make it more acceptable.

Chuck White

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 19, 2015, 12:08:33 AM
You can't fly with the eagles all day if you hoot with the owls all night.

Also, "It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with a bunch of turkeys"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

POSTON WIDEHEAD

" Strike while the iron is hot ".

Alexanderthelate

Quote from: MrPete on January 18, 2015, 10:49:14 AM
Or the one I catch myself saying often "It is what it is."

Or "That's just the way she goes"

Thank You Sponsors!