iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Sayings…...

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Billbob,I took your advice and got another cup. Now I have 2 cups in front of me.   :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

Poston,
Why are they calling you Ray ...  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: isawlogs on March 22, 2014, 01:17:19 PM
Poston,
Why are they calling you Ray ...  ???

Obviously, he's just a "Ray of Sunshine..."

:D :D :D :D :D

Herb

Holmes

Baseball,     hit it where they ain't
Think like a farmer.

Delawhere Jack

"He'd rather climb a tree and tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth!"

"I like a liar, but I'm a little too fond of you."

Wm. Francis Collins (grand father) RIP.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Mark Twain once said....."I did not attend the funeral, but I sent a letter of approval".  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Billbob

Quote from: thecfarm on March 22, 2014, 08:44:27 AM
Billbob,I took your advice and got another cup. Now I have 2 cups in front of me.   :D

Good thing you have two hands!  But then again that's largely an assumption on my part!

Bill
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

Billbob

"Nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs"
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

thecfarm

My Father was great for saying,I could not run fast enough to give it away.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Billbob

And the one saying that most of us have heard at some point in our lives.......

"Just wait until your father gets home!"

;D ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My Dad would say when he saw a dog running across the road......."he's running like he stole something".
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Woodcarver

Quote from: thecfarm on March 22, 2014, 08:09:34 AM
Don't sit there like a bump on a log.

I said that to a high school teacher once.  He wasn't impressed. :D
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

red oaks lumber

can you run fast scared than i can mad?
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

DanG

I'm not sure if this is word play on an old saying, or the origin of it:

"A burro is an ass. A burrow is a hole in the ground.  You should know the difference."

;D ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

martyinmi

"Everything changes is the only thing that remains the same."
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Chuck White

"The hurried'er I go, the behinder I get"
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

Quote from: DanG on March 23, 2014, 10:46:49 AM
I'm not sure if this is word play on an old saying, or the origin of it:

"A burro is an ass. A burrow is a hole in the ground.  You should know the difference."

;D ;D

:D :D :D :D

It is bad to not know your burrow burro.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

caveman

These are a few I heard my Daddy use quite a bit.
1.  He couldn't find his fanny (burro) with both hands
2. Son, if you had a brain, you would take it out and play with it
3.  It is a good moon to cut hogs
Caveman

soilmover

won't say my ex couldn't cook, but in our house the flies went out to eat

yukon cornelius

don't get your honey where you get your money
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

JohnM

Heard this this morning on ESPN radio of all places.  Maybe someone has already said it here. 

"Be slow to make promises but quick to keep them."
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Chuck White

"If you're not part of the solution then you've got to be part of the problem!"
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Hilltop366

Quote from: soilmover on March 24, 2014, 06:41:45 AM
won't say my ex couldn't cook, but in our house the flies went out to eat

It was so bad the neighbourhood flies chipped in to fix the screen door. (Rodney Dangerfield I think)

thecfarm

He likes to burn the midnight oil.

Billbob

She has two blue eyes.......one blew east, one blew west

Thank You Sponsors!