iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Sayings…...

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

He knew. Probably one of the more insolent of his age. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mad murdock

"He was born in the basement and never brought up"
My mother would always tell me " if anything is worth doing, it's worth doing right".
My dad would say "this thing isn't worth the powder to blow it up".
In aviation "pound it to fit, file it to finish, and paint it to match".
Origin of a couple sayings harkening back to muzzle loading rifle days " I'll take the whole kit and kaboodle"-referring to the rifle and all the accoutrements it takes to load, clean and care for the rifle.
Another one "he bought the whole thing, lock, stock and barrel" referring to the parts of the rifle as a whole complete unit.
One that I have used, don't know if I heard it somewhere or came up with it-referring to hired help or the usefulness of a hired hand "sometimes you just have to cut off the dead wood and let it float on down the river".
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

goose63

Use your head for some thing besides a hat rack
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

goose,that sounded just like my Father.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ancjr

My father: "Take a good look at me.  If you live a good life and take care of yourself, you'll still look this good some day!"

;D

Holmes

I've had "to many irons in the fire" to post on this thread.
Think like a farmer.

Cedar Savage

My grandpappy always said

Don't ever try to teach a pig to sing
Its a waste of time
and it annoys the pig
"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

BMueller

"Hurry up and wait"

"Your knife is as sharp as my Mother-in-Law's tongue"

"My coat is so warm I won't be cold if I freeze to death"

coxy

ill be with you in a min      ok take your time and hurry up

BMueller

"If your arms were attached to your mouth, you'd have finished this job hours ago"

coxy

Quote from: BMueller on February 20, 2014, 07:23:20 AM

"If your arms were attached to your mouth, you'd have finished this job hours ago"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  that's a new one for me the guy that's works with me that's all he does is yap all day   :) :) :) thanks for the tip

Alexanderthelate

"Who ever fixed this before certainly fixed it behind"

"Red sky at night
sailor's delight
red sky at morning
sailors take warning"

redprospector

When someone leaves I like to tell them;
Take your time going, but hurry back.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

DanG Grand-paw....ain't never heard that one.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

We married for better or worse.   smiley_love

I could not have done any better  :)  and she could not have done any worse.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Woodcarver

"I don't know where I'm going, but I'm an hour late".
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Den Socling

Raider

Maybe this was on already?  New broom sweeps clean

Mooseherder

Quote from: Raider on February 21, 2014, 06:38:00 PM
Maybe this was on already?  New broom sweeps clean

We had a new Loss Preventive Manager introduce himself at a Staff Meeting a few years ago and said that while looking at our Vice President.
I remember his first name, it was Eric.  He lasted a couple weeks. :D

Dave Shepard

"The new broom sweeps clean, but the old broom knows where the dirt is".  ;) :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

redprospector

When someone would pass my Dad at a high rate of speed, he would shake his head and say;
I'd rather get to where I'm going 10 minutes late, than get to the grave yard 10 years early.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Woodcarver

"Charge it to dust and let the rain settle it"
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Red Good

Any one ever heard , feed a fever and starve a cold . I may have it backwards as well . Red
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

Dave Shepard

Feed a cold, starve the flu.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!