iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Sayings…...

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wovennut

Coshocton, Ohio. Have an enercraft manual mill which I added a hydraulic log turner, love the mill

thecfarm

wovennut,welcome to the forum. enercraft was that made in Canada or brought out by another sawmill outfit,Baker? Not many around.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Wovennut!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

wovennut

Enercraft was made in Canada and was bought out by Baker. There the same mill as there Baker 18. A nice well built mill.

thecfarm

One of those mills was for sale in Turner,about ½ from me. There is always something there for sale,buckets for excavators,dump truck bodies,an enercraft sawmill ;D. Its at a chain gas station. Never no one around,just a phone number on it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

wovennut

Enercraft is a well built portable mill. Baker still has parts for them.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry forum, wovennut. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Come to think of it, I have a bunch of sayings I had from the Navy.
Problem is, I can't post them on here.... :-\
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

Shane G,welcome to the forum. Looks like you have a mill? Been sawing long?

Hilltop366

Hungry is better than ketchup.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Hilltop366 on February 07, 2014, 09:09:30 AM

TheCfarm and Red Oak Lumber would say....Hungry is better then Grits.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Now this is going much too far.  Where is my Friend Coon when I need him??   ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Maigicman,Coon won't be much help to ya. He's on my side.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

OK Ray, maybe not always on my side, but I can always depend upon him.   smiley_thumbsup   :D

Tom King

"Where are we going, and why are we in this basket?"

I had an old carpenter working for me back in the '70s.  His most used descriptions of bad boards, while sighting down them were, "crooked as a dog's hind leg", and "ugly enough to make a train take a dirt road".

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry forum, Tom King.   :)

Hilltop366

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 07, 2014, 04:28:25 PM
Quote from: Hilltop366 on February 07, 2014, 09:09:30 AM

TheCfarm and Red Oak Lumber would say....Hungry is better then Grits.  :D :D :D

I bet they would say anything is better than grits.

It's more along the lines of ketchup will make things taste better but not as much as being hungry.

mesquite buckeye

No me gusta ketchup. Da me chiltepines. Yeeeee Haaaaaa ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Heard this on an old Western movie today:

What a person considers a short time....depends on which end of the branding iron you're on.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

I like that one Dave!

Very True!  :o
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Woodcarver

One I heard more than once from my parents who were thrifty, hard-working people: "beggars can't be choosers".
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

ancjr

mesquite buckeye

Now that's old. ;D 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

ancjr

Wit is educated insolence.

-Aristotle

Thank You Sponsors!