iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Sayings…...

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

My Father made this one up. My Mother would make something and she would say,I don't think it came out right and my wonderful,dear, thoughtful Father would be so nice to say to her,I will eat it,if it kills me.  My Mother hated that saying.  :D I can still hear him say it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Quote from: thecfarm on November 26, 2013, 03:47:52 PM
My Father made this one up. My Mother would make something and she would say,I don't think it came out right and my wonderful,dear, thoughtful Father would be so nice to say to her,I will eat it,if it kills me.  My Mother hated that saying.  :D I can still hear him say it.
:D
Yet your mother would keep saying "I don't think it came out right" just so she could hear "I will eat it if it kills me".   
Maybe your father was just trying to let her know he didn't like hearing her say "it didn't come out right" and didn't dare express that thought.  ;)
Good smart 'ol dad was going to eat whatever she fixed, and knew better than to complain about it.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

shootingarts

Quote from: beenthere on November 24, 2013, 08:52:35 PM
"Good enough for who it's for"  when finishing a project.

Pretty much my stock answer for anytime a boss asked what something looked like after I finished it, "Looks good from my house." Was working a job in Terre Haute Indiana when I gave a boss that answer. "You can see it from your house? Where is your house at?"

"Baton Rouge, Louisiana."

Hu

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That guy is soooo stupid, he couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heal.  8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

ancjr

Ask her the time, she'll tell you how to build a clock.

Peter Drouin

I have time to do it right , I don't have time to do it twice.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Sonofman

" You look better goin' than you do a comming"
Located due west of Due West.

VT_Forestry

An old timer once told a group of us young men, in reference to choosing your female companionship - "You lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas"
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

easymoney

one of my mother's favorite sayings about her cooking.  done or raw it will fill your craw.

coxy

smother then a baby s but

coxy

the meat is tougher then shoe leather

beenthere

"Quieter'n a Church mouse blowing bubbles in a feather bed"
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

coxy

that's flatter then a pancake                                                                                                                       dad always told me if I hade half a brain I would be dangerous  ;D

coxy

that guy is loonier then a bunch of cartoons

ely

sometimes ya get, sometimes ya get got.

stumpy

My wife says "if they can put a man on the moon, why can't they put them all there"
Her father would say "the p is silent as in swimming"  (think about it)
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Sonofman

He's 20 years older than dirt.
Located due west of Due West.

shootingarts

"They wouldn't be happy if you hung 'em with a new rope."

"She is so skinny she accidentally swallowed an olive whole and three guys left town!"

"Where there is a will there is a way." "That's what the lawyers always say."

Willie Nelson: "I went to bed at two with a ten and woke up at ten with a two."

Hu

coxy

he is as bright as a burnt out light bulb

nas

A popular one in this area
"If ya ain't Dutch, ya ain't much"
usually responded to by
"wooden shoes, wooden head, wooden listen"

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

coxy

Quote from: nas on November 28, 2013, 07:59:17 AM
usually responded to by

Nick
:D :D

shootingarts

Quote from: nas on November 28, 2013, 07:59:17 AM
usually responded to by

Nick

I heard this on "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" but pretty sure it has been around a lot longer than that. "You ain't no kind of man if you don't have land." Might not be quite true but having owned land free and clear a few times it sure does make the place feel a lot more like home and makes me feel a lot more grounded in more ways than one.

Hu

ancjr

"____ ain't worth the powder and lead it'd take to send them to Kingdom Come!"

Dunno if that's a common one, but I remember a good ol' WW2 vet that used to say it a lot.   :D

WDH

An Old Timer once said, "Don't use sweetgum fenceposts unless you like to round up cows."

:D :D :D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on November 29, 2013, 07:44:18 AM
An Old Timer once said, "Don't use sweetgum fenceposts unless you like to round up cows."

:D :D :D

Its to early for this...........oh what the heck,  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!