stumpy

Drunker than nine snakes in a barrell
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

LAZERDAN

Fit as a fiddle and twice as twangy

beenthere

"The barn door is open" 

i.e.(so zip up.... )

Said that to the elderly neighbor farmer one day, and his response was..
"what can't get up, can't get out"

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

submarinesailor

If you are waiting on me, you're backing up.....beep, beep, beep, beep.

clww

"When everything is said and done, there will be a lot more said than done!"
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

samandothers

Well this is all finer than frogs hair cut 4 ways.

Dan_Shade

I like "park your carcass"
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My Grandmother use to say this:  Don't be like the cat who wanted a fish but was afraid to get his paws wet.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

I went and saw one of my Father friends. He was not feeling the best. He said he needed about 4 fingers in a bottom of a washtub to straighten him out.  :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on November 17, 2013, 09:17:36 PM
I went and saw one of my Father friends. He was not feeling the best. He said he needed about 4 fingers in a bottom of a washtub to straighten him out.  :o

Makes since.....Good one!  :)

Brucer

Quote from: Peter Drouin on November 17, 2013, 07:33:29 AM
Liars can figure but figures don't lie. ;D

Hey, wait a minute :o. I learned it the other way 'round :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

steamsawyer

I'm as confused as a june bug under a street light. :-\
J. A. Vance circular sawmill, 52" blade, powered by a 70 HP 9 1/2 x 10 James Leffel portable steam engine.

Inside this tired old mans body is just a little boy that wants to go out and play.

Great minds think alike.....  Does your butt itch too?

Alan Rudd
Steam Punk Extraordinaire.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Cutting off a Mules ear doesn't make it a horse.

Ken

"Fog on the hill brings water to the mill"

Lots of toys for working in the bush

beenthere

"You may think it's funny that my nose is runny,.... but it's not"
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ljohnsaw

How about -

He's slower than molasses in January.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

My eyes lids are sticking together.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

shootingarts

More story than just the saying, true story as it happens. There was a crusty old tech at work that had been there as long as the power plant or a bit longer. Like most with the experience to make things work he was pretty dismissive of the youngsters that were long on book learning and short on the experience needed to get things done. His usual and oft repeated comment about most of the young tech's was "He doesn't know jack 'poop' ". After hearing this from the old tech for years the day finally came for his retirement party. Along with the cake and other gifts someone had a baseball cap made for him, "I know jack 'poop!' "

The old tech finished in fine form: "Y'all get in a bind and need some advice on some of this hardware, don't even think about giving me a call!"

Hu

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Good story Shootingarts.  :)

Delawhere Jack

"Don't let your alligator mouth get your hummingbird behind in a jam."

"He's rather climb a tree and tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth."

Roxie

My grandfather had a tobacco farm near Sparta, North Carolina.  No electric, no indoor plumbing, he worked very hard and lived simply, and I adored him.  When I was about 12, we were hoeing rows together and I was telling him about something that was bothering my mind.  I don't even remember what had me upset, but he told me not to think about it.  I told him that was hard to do, and he said, "Girl, you can't help the birds that fly over your head, but you can keep them from building a nest in your hair." 
Say when

beenthere

That is a good one...   8)
south central Wisconsin

drobertson

This may be a lil raunchy, but Mom use to say it from time to time, in regards to getting on with what needs done, the oldest of 12 born in 26',, I've heard it more than once,  do it or get off the pot,  it still sticks with me from time to time,   she was a very Godly woman, just had lil use for wasted time I suppose,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

An elderly lady I worked for used to have a bunch of old sayings!

The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get!

He's not slow, He's not fast, He's half fast!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

:D :D, Chuck, this one still stands true!  love it,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!