iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 440e oiler

Started by billmac, November 12, 2013, 10:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billmac

I love my 440e but it is not using enough  bar oil.  I have cleaned the bar holes, but I can run 3-4 tanks of gas for every tank of oil.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

old 030

is the chain receiving enough oil? if so why change it, save on oil, if not, you may have a bad pump or plugged up filter, i don't believe there's any way to adjust it..................... ;)

Z50guru

Try starting the saw with the bar and chain and cover off. Find the oiler outlet and see that the oils flowing freely from the the port while revving the saw some to spin the oiler gear. If it seems to be drooling out at a fair rate i'd say check the bar holes again, clean the bar grooves and go with it. Wont take a ton of flow to lube a 16in bar i suspect. If the oil port seems clogged or flows to little, you can use some kero or Diesel in the oil reservoir to possibly loosen any sludge on the pickup filter. U can also run the Diesel through the oiler system like a flush. If all fails to help, you can try thinning your bar oil with some kerosene decreasing the weight and improving the flow rate for cold weather cutting. Hope to have helped ;)

Thank You Sponsors!