iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lost man

Started by nath78, November 12, 2013, 07:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nath78

A loggers brother went missing Sunday after he walked off into the woods in my area. Search and rescue has been looking around the clock with no results. Weather here has been cold and snowy.the man is mentally handicap and also a diabetic. Please keep him in your prayers

justallan1

I sure hope for the best for him, nath.

Allan

thecfarm

I hope he is found. That is too bad. Keep us posted.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

nath78
Will do per your request.

Where is your "area" ??

Pls fill in your bio in your profile (thanks). That would help others. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

coxy

sure hope they find him keep us posted

clww

Hope that he's located soon.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

rbhunter

"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

nath78

News is not good they have looked but can not locate mike I live in northeast michigan and the weather here has been bad it was a high of 18 degrees today with more snow to come 3 days lost in this weather I just doesn't look like we are gonna find him I pray for his family that they can get some closer to this.

Shotgun

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, nath78.  It probably won't go well for the lost man. Hope they find him.

How about showing your general location in your profile, so we all will be able to find it easily? It really helps when we read your posts.  Thanks.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

luvmexfood

Wish everything turns out ok. There is a hunter here in Southwest Virginia that went missing Friday. Hunting on his own land. Search has been scaled back with fellow coalminers still looking. Very cold here tonight.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

thecfarm

I was working behind the house with my tractor. A lost hunter had no idea where he was. Good thing he went my way and not up the hill,or he might still be walking.  :( He had no idea of the name of the roads around here,I told him the name of the pond he said he passed on the way here,he thought that was it.  ::) I did not want to preach to him,but I think I mentioned you really should know that. Everyone should write it down first. I told him to keep the sun on his right and walk straight and you will walk right into the pond. He took a compass bearing and started walking.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mkindustrial

Prayers sent for him and his family.. God bless the searchers

beenthere

nath78
Is this man still missing?

Was he from the Rogers City area?

Hoping that he is ok.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Corley5

The last I heard was that the official search teams had been reduced to one on horseback and that it was being considered a recovery now instead of a rescue  :( :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

beenthere

Sorry to hear that.
Around here, I'd be concerned that the coyotes didn't consume him.

We had a deer eaten just overnight this past weekend. Hit at 4 pm, no blood trail so waited 2 hours. Searched and still not enough blood trail to follow.
Found the next morning very near where we thought it would lay, and kicked off a big coyote. Only hide, lower leg bones, and a few rib bones remaining. Recovered the arrow blades in with the remains.
south central Wisconsin

Tmac47

Quote from: Corley5 on November 14, 2013, 07:14:23 AM
The last I heard was that the official search teams had been reduced to one on horseback and that it was being considered a recovery now instead of a rescue  :( :(

I'm sorry to hear that Corley, keep us updated on any news.

Corley5

Quote from: beenthere on November 14, 2013, 10:32:11 AM
Sorry to hear that.
Around here, I'd be concerned that the coyotes didn't consume him.

Ravens would do more damage initially than coyotes.  Human scent would keep the canines at bay longer than the birds unless they were really hungry  :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

goose63

May the dear Lord help you find that man safe
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

coxy

Quote from: goose63 on November 14, 2013, 03:30:51 PM
May the dear Lord help you find that man safe
I agree         and please stop talking about the dogs and birds  :-\

timberlinetree

Thoughts and prayers for all those involved with this situation.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

beenthere

Apparently with deer gun season beginning, they called off the searchers for their safety.
http://www.9and10news.com/story/23969345/search-for-missing-rogers-city-man-is-called-off
south central Wisconsin

Thank You Sponsors!