iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

After a 500 mile trip It's Home!!!!

Started by Lone Duck, November 12, 2013, 05:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneDuck

Well got it set up and sawed a few Eastern Red that I had laying around.

These will be for stair treads in the house.

They are over 20" X 3 1/2" and one just bearly made it past the rollers. Really loving the ability to cut custom stuff like this. I may have to use one of the slabs for a table of some sorts.

Peter Drouin

Good luck with your mill   8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

Congratulations on getting your own mill!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

That cedar color matches your mill.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Congratulations !!!

Now you will have to add it to your profile.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dboyt

Another one bites the (saw)dust!  Welcome to the forum.  If this is your first experience running the mill, you're catching on fast!  You'll be giving advice to the rest of us in no time.  Meanwhile, be safe, and enjoy.  I grew up in central Iowa, under what is now the Saylorville Lake.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Solomon

Congrats, You will find it gets in the blood.  Once you've been bitten by the saw bug, that's all she wrote!!!   smiley_swinging_board smiley_swinging_board smiley_swinging_board smiley_swinging_board
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You just had to do it, didn't you Lone Duck.  :D
Ain't no turning back now!
Way to go.......nice slabs.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LoneDuck

Thanks everyone. I'm hoping everything goes as well as I wish but realize there will be bumps here and there. I helped my dad saw with his mill before but my 40 is just a little different then his old manual Hudson, so I will asking a lot of questions and already am looking at old posts. I already need some advice on blades and that is my next post. So thanks again.

Thank You Sponsors!