iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husqvarna 562xp

Started by NovaSS, November 11, 2013, 11:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NovaSS

Hi, I bought a acre of land that needed cleared off so I thought might as well do I my self. I have been searching and reading forums for a couple of weeks on saws. First I wanted the ms290 farmboss, then looked at the ms291 and ms392. But after talking with some friends and my grandfather they have always had better luck with the husqvarna. So i ordered the 562xp 20" bar extra chain and the 3 things of premixed gas/oil and forester full warp chaps for $725. I owned a couple of small echos and small homeowner stihls. I hope the husqvarna impresses me. lol I wasnt going to get chaps at first but after reading a few people saved there legs i changed my mind.

I was wondering how these saws are holding up today? I know they been out for a few years now. The computer contol carb kinda scares me.

thecfarm

NovaSS,welcome to the forum. A acre that needs clearing. Where's all the wood going? Building a house on the clearing?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Yatt

It's a great saw.

On the first start up.  Find a large log you can bury the tip and run the saw WOT for at least 5 min. making bucking cuts constantly.  The computer does the set up at this time.  This is not the time to putz around and idle the saw and cut twigs.
288 XP Lite
372XPG
562XP
357XP
550XPG
346XP
Dolmar 7900
028 Super totally rebuilt and ported
Speeco 28ton splitter
Silvey 510, Oregon 511AX & Tecomec grinder

DDDfarmer

Great saw.  Earlier models had problems with rewind case breaking ( under warranty). Should be solved by now.  +2 on the WOT, follow the book on that.

Just wait till you have a few tanks of gas used, it gets better.. ;D
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

NovaSS

I just read the online manual on the saw and it says to not run at wot for the first 10 hours of use.

tlandrum

just run the saw as you normally would run it. you don't have to do the tuning cuts with it. it learns every time you run the saw so the tuning cuts just tune it for the cuts your making not future cuts. you can run it at wot without  any problems as long as its ubder a load you good to go. 
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

SawTroll

Quote from: NovaSS on November 12, 2013, 01:24:38 PM
I just read the online manual on the saw and it says to not run at wot for the first 10 hours of use.

I assume that is about WOT out of wood, and not about WOT in general - and is normal advice.  ;)
Information collector.

Lanternguy

i'm sure allot of Husy XP fans on this site and i love the older models as i used lots of them over the years but i am a little weary of the XP saws, now mind you i only experienced one and this one did not like to re-start when hot but man was that sucker fast when it did run  :o
Echo CS3000, Stihl MS180, Echo 450P, Stihl MS361, Stihl HS46C-E, Stihl Magnum BR600, Echo SRM225, Stihl FS 56, Echo TC-210 Tiller, Stihl BG56 C-E,  Black and Decker Alligator, Poulin Pro Blower

NovaSS

I read on another tread theres alittle trick you had to do on the first models after it was hot. Maybe they fixed it on the newer models

ChopperDan

I haven't had any problems with mine. I run 2 autotune saws and never had any issues hot or cold.
550xpg
562xp
Makita 6421 converted to 7900 X2
Hd SuperSpitter

NovaSS

Hi Dan, how do you compare the 550xp to the 562xp? I was thinking about the 550 but I only had to pay a extra $60 to get the 562

SawTroll

Quote from: NovaSS on November 12, 2013, 11:14:58 PM
Hi Dan, how do you compare the 550xp to the 562xp? I was thinking about the 550 but I only had to pay a extra $60 to get the 562

There is a big differense in cc and power, and of course in weight as well. They aren't really comparable, it depends on what you need or want.  :)
Information collector.

John Mc

Both the 550 and the 562 are great saws.  The 562 is just a lot more saw - great to have the extra power, if you don't mind the extra weight that comes with it.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

ChopperDan

Like SawTroll said they don't really compare.

The 562 is my go to firewood saw. For me it feels right. It pulls with authority.

The 550 is smaller and lighter and the heated handles make it the everything else saw.

The 562 runs a 18" bar with full chisel chain and the 550 runs a 16" bar with full chisel chain. They can run larger bars but I don't like to spend my time sharpening extra chain and I have larger saws with larger bars.

Oh and the heated handles are really nice!!! To the point I'm thinking of selling the 562 to get a 562xpg.

Hope that helps
550xpg
562xp
Makita 6421 converted to 7900 X2
Hd SuperSpitter

NovaSS

im sure the heated handles are nice up north. would be nice some days, but dont think I really need them in florida.

DDDfarmer

I never even thought of the heated handles.  Never liked them.  Riding snow machines with heated handles then you climb of and work in the snow with those warm gloves. Then back to the heated handles to warm up again.  In no time at all your gloves are soaking wet.  I already use up 5-6 pairs of gloves a day doing firewood.
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

HolmenTree

I'm with DDDfarmer about snow and heated handles, but they are real nice on the hands when cold and not working in snow, even on a wet damp day.
Here's my 562XP with 16" b/c. The short bar makes the saws powerband even more crazy hyper, Also the best handling b/c for felling, limbing and topping small to medium timber. I saved the spruce trees at the customers request. :D

Making a living with a saw since age 16.

DDDfarmer

Not bad, dropped all those trees and missed the crapper. 8)

Gotta watch out for the important things ;D

HolmenTree

Quote from: DDDfarmer link= topic=70377.msg1057192#msg1057192 date=1384444377
Not bad, dropped all those trees and missed the crapper. 8)

Gotta watch out for the important things ;D
Yeah that crapper was a prime target alright :D but those poor little spruce had their days numbered .  :D

SawTroll

Quote from: NovaSS on November 14, 2013, 12:54:35 AM
im sure the heated handles are nice up north. would be nice some days, but dont think I really need them in florida.

Most of my saws have heated handles, and it didn't happen by accident!  :)
Information collector.

thecfarm

I used heated handles when I was cutting logs with my Father. I did not have trouble with my hands until I grab a chain and the links would fill up with snow and get my gloves wet.If I was just cutting the trees down and limbing my hands was just about all set. But start hooking up chains,I was in trouble. I was warming my hands by the exhaust pipe of the tractor. The heated handles made working in the works fun again. Now that I live here I could just keep 3-4 diffeant pair of gloves. If I ran out I could get more from the house.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

luvmexfood

I worked for over 20 years at a small regional airport that had commercial traffic. Mostly commuter airlines with younger pilots. Now even a small regional jet can generate a lot of jet blast. If there was a construction project anywhere on the airfield they would do their best, if no personnel on site, to blow the little blue buildings over. Saw a many blown over.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

HolmenTree

Speaking of needing heated handles in the winter, here's what I use when it's -30 belowF and snow, no heated handles just a good pair of leather trigger finger mitts with matching wool liners. Look close their laying by my helmet

Oliver1655

John

Stihl S-08s (x2), Stihl S10 (x2), Jonsered CS2139T, Husqvarna 338XPT California, Poulan Microvibe XXV, Poulan WoodShark, Poulan Pro 42cc, McCulloch Mini-Mac 6 (x2), Van Ruder Hydraulic Tractor Chainsaw

HolmenTree

Quote from: Oliver1655 on November 15, 2013, 03:15:25 AM
Willard - Picture?
I've had this problem before, my pics sometimes just disappear off my posts. ???

Thank You Sponsors!