iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hauling Firewood-Lets see your rig

Started by spinner, November 11, 2013, 07:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeerMeadowFarm

I like that trailer with the loader! Did you build it yourself or have it built to you specs? Any more info or another thread you could direct me to about it?

brendonv

It stared life as one of the trailers baileys sells. We rear mounted it and built a new deck. Thanks.

Ill consider starting a thread when we get going on our next build.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

Ken

My old Duramax lugging some cut and split.  The truck and trailer are getting worn out and both are in need of replacement soon.  Both have been very tough and dependable units.

Lots of toys for working in the bush

dancan

Lotsa fancy haulers guys , I've got nuthin but a van to get it home  :(

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

brendonv

Picking this up friday mounting it on a custom trailer the following weeks.    8) 8). Had the boys at metavic  build it up custom for me

www.VorioTree.com

dancan

Quote from: thecfarm on July 06, 2015, 06:29:44 AM
No broken windows yet??    :) :)

Not yet , I have the "Structural Glass" option LOL

Dave Shepard

Quote from: brendonv on July 06, 2015, 07:52:39 PM
Picking this up friday mounting it on a custom trailer the following weeks.    8) 8). Had the boys at metavic  build it up custom for me

Nice! I need to get a gooseneck one of those someday. It won't be much good for the fifty footers but I seem to loose out on a lot of good logs because I can't get them hauled.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

lopet

Congrats Brendon.   Will be interesting to see that trailer when the boom is mounted . 8)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

lopet

Quote from: dancan on July 05, 2015, 08:25:08 PM

I have used and abused a number of old minivans as farm vehicles over the years.   A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do !

Do you guys ever gonna get rid of that white stuff . :D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

brendonv

Quote from: Dave Shepard on July 06, 2015, 09:03:48 PM
Quote from: brendonv on July 06, 2015, 07:52:39 PM

Nice! I need to get a gooseneck one of those someday. It won't be much good for the fifty footers but I seem to loose out on a lot of good logs because I can't get them hauled.

Haha. I want to touch base with a couple small local mills. Ive come across so much good stuff mine was well try and get more than firewood price for it.  Thats untill we buy a mill at least.   8)

www.VorioTree.com

sandsawmill14

Quote from: dancan on July 05, 2015, 08:25:08 PM

we had a 81 malibu station wagon that i used to haul baby bottle calves in  :o kept them warm and dry while on the road   :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

dancan

Yes , the snow goes away for a month or two up here  ;)
I hauled pallets with the wife's saturn SW1 and polly 12 full cord with the van over 2 years .
Here's my small utility trailer that I built a dozen or so years ago that I'll use on occasion .

711ac

Finally figured out the picture thing! ::)

DeerMeadowFarm

That's quite the rig on the back of your tractor 711ac. Is it commercial built or did you make it yourself? I'd like to see more of it, especially in use!

thecfarm

That does look like quite the weapon on the back of that tractor. Set that down on the ground and that will dig in. I too would like to see a few logs behind that. Looks like you have to back up to the logs,not much cable?  I need a trailer like that to. I suppose you unhook,load the logs on and then re hook?
I also like you choice of tires too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

711ac

I built it, too cheap to spend the bucks ;D Ultimately I'd like to hang a grapple on the upper part. It has a 8k Ramsey Hydraulic winch that I did spring for new. It carries about 110' of 3/8 cable. All my wood is pretty small, the last owner took  everything else but I'm just cuttin my own firewood. I have a ton of pics during the build that I "pecked at" for several months, I'll show a few for a better understanding on what's going on. My idea on that rear blade was beside being the "brake" while winching, I'd make it rotate for 2 reasons. 1 being that if I hitched the choked logs to it while it was on the ground, that besides the lift height of the 3pt hitch raising, I could lift the blade and get about 40" of clearance off the ground on the butt end. 2 with my 3pt and the hydraulic top link, I could lower the end of the boom down to about 20" of the ground. With the butt plate (blade) rotated up, drive the tractor over the logs to be pulled so that the log ends were up under the butt plate. Then lift the 3pt hitch, retract the top link lifting the whole log off the ground keeping my roads & skid trails in better shape and also have a clean log. Now I got to remember how I did the pics. (next post)

711ac

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=185776#top_display_mediahttp://www.forestryforum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=185774#top_display_mediahttp://www.forestryforum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=185775#top_display_media

The cable is routed back to a sheave lower on the tractor. I thought pulling that high on things was bad for multiple reasons. I'm still playing with things and testing it ability. I've never had a tractor winch before so this design involved a lot of guess work on my part. ;)
edit; how come there's no pics, just links? Bed time, computers make my head hurt!

thecfarm

You got it right on the other pictures. What hp is that tractor? Looks like a good size twitch for it.Front end get light? Looks like some good ideas there.

711ac

The tractor is 95 hp. That twitch is only 20 some feet log legnth and the front seems to be fine on any thing that I've had hitched up. (so far) That grapple is prolly around a half ton and the loader has it stuck out far enough in front to do a lot of good putting weight on the front end. I'm still learning it's limits and the best way to work it. There seems to be hardly any 2 situations in the woods that are exactly the same. I added some levers onto the factory valve bank that allows me to control all 3 functions from the ground. (the winch, blade, & top link)

Now I need to figure out how to make one of those self releasing snatch blocks. They don't give them away either ;D

711ac

Quote from: thecfarm on July 14, 2015, 08:58:21 PM
  I need a trailer like that to.

I saw that trailer 

for sale on the road side, ex military & mostly aluminum. Threw those bunks together out of some I beam hanging around. Just about the best $300 I've spent! I need to make a longer tongue for the wagon to be able to pull the trailer with the winch, especially loaded.

brendonv

Oh what the heck. Heres the new beast. I love it. Loader is metavic, i built up the hydro pack with a honda, i built the log bunks/assembly, the main trailer frame was done in pennsylvania.

Its been awesome so far. I still have a weekened of tidying and paint in the fall.

www.VorioTree.com

hedgerow

That is one nice trailer. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

bigblue12v

Nevermind I can't link pictures from photo bucket. Doesn't make sense to me....
Lots of junk not enough time.. full time mechanic part time logger, firewood junkie, outside boiler owner, meat smoker enthusiast, fabricator, dad, husband

beenthere

Once you have a .jpg file on your computer, then you can follow the guidelines to easily upload that pic to your FF gallery.
You could lose or change your photos kept offsite, and then we'd have a red X in its place. To avoid that, the FF has a good way to keep pics that are posted here.

Give it a shot, and there is a "how to do it" in the Home place here, near the bottom.

Start with making an album in your gallery, then clicking the line below "Click here to add Photos to post" which will take you to a new window to either upload a pic or go to "My Gallery" to get a pic already there. Some newbies keep uploading the same pic over and over, not realizing that there is one step to place the pic in the gallery and another step to move it to your post.

Let us know if any of the steps cause a problem, and we can help.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!