iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hauling Firewood-Lets see your rig

Started by spinner, November 11, 2013, 07:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Heres my ol girl, 1981 gmc sierra classic, 3/4 ton 4x4. 350 propane powered 400hp, 4speed manual. 362 stihls bought last year.

spinner

NWP

1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

spinner

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

ga jones

380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

thecfarm

That loader looks a little big for that truck,  ;D   but looks mighty handy for the reach it has.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ga jones

It's a bit big.i had to build a mount off the back to store the grapple.works good on the landing.

380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

ga jones

ga jones

SLawyer Dave

Well the focus of the pics was supposed to be the log I was trying to give away at the time, but you can see my rig.  It also doubles as my log trailer, with a winch that attaches to the front and an elevated cross bar with a snatch block that fits in the rear stake pockets.  My wife hates that I used old crating to make the sides and threatens that she is going to have the grandkids paint the trailer, because "it can't look any worse".   :D

thecfarm

SLawyer Dave,tell her to go buy you a "better looking" one than.She'll come back home with her tail between her legs when she see the prices.  ;D 
My wood hauler is my tractor now. I use to haul wood from here to my other house with a truck.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roger2561

That's a 1/2 cord firewood on that pallet.   

Roger

beenthere

Roger
1/2 cord? What are the dimensions?

I haul on pallets, with about 1/5 of a full cord on each. About one week's worth to heat the house.

Here are two pallets stacked.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Roger2561

Beenthere - the dimensions are 4'X4'X4'...  I fill the pallets (I built them myself) as I'm splitting the wood.  When it's full I drop it the field; grab another pallet, fill that one, drop it in the field; etc...  I cut all of my firewood at 24" long.  I have enough on pallets for this winter plus the next 3 winters.  I may not have to purchase another load of logs until 2015.  Roger   
Roger

beenthere

Looks good, and easy, and efficient. smiley_thumbsup

Do you have a strut or wire in tension across the top to hold the 2x4 end-frames together?

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Roger2561

I love the color green that's on your tractor.  What model do you have?  Mine's the 4500.  Bought it new in 2000.

I have a 2" wide webbing running across the top to keep the uprights from falling apart.  I think it's rated at 2000Lb tensile strength.

That is one heavy load.  The first one I moved I didn't have any counter weight up front.  Every time I hit a bump the front end would come off the ground about 3 inches.  That was a bit unsettling.  I filled the loader with a bunch of cement blocks I had around the property and that kept the wheels on the ground where they belong.  Plus it's easier to steer when the front tires are touching the ground.     
Roger

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

brendonv

I wish i can find some sort of large tub to fill with half a cord then set behind the garage with my loader.  Thatd be really nice.

"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

beenthere

Roger
QuoteWhat model do you have?

It's a '68 1998 model 4300. Really like it for many of my jobs.

I too had to add some counter weight, but to the snow plow blade. I had a choice to remove the snow plow and put on the loader to get the top pallet off the bottom one (which is only about a 20 min. job at most), or add some weight and move the two pallets so this is what I did. Picked up the ballast box with the plow.

south central Wisconsin

gspren

Quote from: beenthere on November 12, 2013, 06:04:35 PM
Roger
QuoteWhat model do you have?

It's a '68 model 4300. Really like it for many of my jobs.

I too had to add some counter weight, but to the snow plow blade. I had a choice to remove the snow plow and put on the loader to get the top pallet off the bottom one (which is only about a 20 min. job at most), or add some weight and move the two pallets so this is what I did. Picked up the ballast box with the plow.

Are you sure that it's not a 1998? It sure don't look like a 68.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

beenthere

You are correct... that is a typo... 'tis a '98  -----  thanks, and I'll correct it.
south central Wisconsin

Magicman

Since I live 45 miles away from my firewood source, mine has to be trailered.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Magicman,Is that a "winters" usage  :D

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Thank You Sponsors!