iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I had some help this weekend

Started by lyle niemi, November 10, 2013, 09:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

I found two 14 year old boys to help me on friday and saturday. They were OK until noon but after that their attention span was worse then a 6 month old puppy..lol At the end of the day I seen it took the both of them to carry a 0ne inch board..lol I almost wet myself laughing.

I'm hoping to find a good help soon, Im thinking my little mill adventure is taking off in  good way. After many years of doing many different things  think I finally found my calling :new_year:

Ga Mtn Man

Good for you, Lyle.  Your success is well earned.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

thecfarm

I have a 14 year old grandson that "helps" me. He usually does not get here until early evening. TV is on until 10:30-11 at night. Next night it's not.  ;D  He's in bed way before 10.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Happycamper

Lyle,
  Happy to hear your operation is going well. You have put a lot of effort and money into it. Try one 14 year old at a time rather than two.
                                 Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

lyle niemi

It was -20 this morning but I managed to finish a couple of orders. The 1 inch boards are gonna be used for ice fishing shacks

POSTON WIDEHEAD

-20? Geeeeee......don't think you have to work about mold. :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Nomad

POSTON, I bet he's talking about -20C, not F.  That's hardly cold enough to cause a shiver.  (Spoken by somebody who lives in Florida now...) ::)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: nomad on November 10, 2013, 06:25:54 PM
     POSTON, I bet he's talking about -20C, not F.  That's hardly cold enough to cause a shiver.  (Spoken by somebody who lives in Florida now...) ::)

Sounds like you got smart!  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Not to good with the C thermometer,but I think that would be a little below °0 on the F one. I think?????
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

backwoods sawyer

well like the old saying, one boy is half a helper, two boys is a quarter helper, and three boys....well that 1" board would not have gotten moved. ;D
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

m wood

happy camper and backwoods sawyer are absolutely right! :D :D
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

rmack

:D I read the title of the thread and immediately thought, 'gee, I wonder what got broken' you might consider yourself lucky.
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

Thank You Sponsors!