iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Hello from Afghanistan.

Started by Gunny 1992, November 10, 2013, 04:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunny 1992

I am new to the forum from hearth.  I recognize some of the names from there so to the rest of you guys, hello!  I am in Afghanistan right now with the USMC and have about 30 days left here.  Only about 10 months till retirement.  I heat my outbuilding in Michigan with a wood burning stove, which requires wood, so that is my interest in this site.  Few saws, waiting on a new splitter (30 ton Iron and Oak, horizontal) that should be there when I get home.  Oh, last thing, Happy Birthday to all former (no such thing as ex) and current Marines.  November 10th 1775 is the birthday of the Marine Corps.  Thanks and nice to meet you all.
Few saws, few axes, few exes, less money!

Gunny

m wood

welcome to the forum Gunny!  Stay safe for these next 30 days and get ready for a REAL  BIG weather change :snowball: :D.  The splitter looks like a real work hose, that should keep you busy. 
mark
BTW...congrats on your upcoming retirement and happy BD to the USMC!
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

thecfarm

Gunny,welcome to the forum. Thank You for serving this great country. Retirement,enjoy. That will be quite the splitter.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Howdy gunny, glad you signed up, and thanks for your service! and to all the other vets as well,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Texas Ranger

Keep  your head down, gunny, we'll be here waiting on you.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It always good to hear from the guys who protect our freedom.
God Bless you Gunny and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Warbird

Welcome to the greatest place on the Internet!  And a hearty happy birthday to the Marine Corp.  Thanks for what you're doing over there. 

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Gunny 1992.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

fishpharmer

Glad to have you here Gunny, welcome to FF. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Hello    Gunny 1992, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  Also, Thank You for your service to our country. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Happy Birthday to The Corps. :)
Happy Veterans Day. :)

Retirement is GREAT!  8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ga_Boy

Welcome Gunny.

HOO YAH!!!!   Marine Corp! Happy Birthday....
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

samandothers

Welcome GUNNY!  Be safe!   

Happy birthday to the USMC!

Great place with lots of great folks here.

gspren

Welcome! I had a piece of Marine birthday cake today at the Viet Nam Veteran Post I belong to and us old Navy dudes were also invited along with any other Veterans. Here's hoping you get home safe and sound.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

WmFritz

I glad your here Gunny.  8)   And also, Happy Veterans day to you and all the rest of the Vets here.

Your getting home and retirement are a great Christmas gift. God speed.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

wesdor

Welcome Gunny,

Stay safe over there and get home so you can split more wood  :D

Happy Veterans Day and thanks for your service and that of the many others over there with you.

You will find this forum to be full of great expertise and fine people.

Gunny 1992

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.  This site, as well as others, helps pass the time here as well as a good learning tool.  God knows I can use that.  Thank You!
Few saws, few axes, few exes, less money!

Gunny

busybeaverfirewood

Happy Birthday Marine!

Bill Taylor
Northcentral Wisconsin
SSgt, 0251
USMC 1993-2001
Bill
Semper Fi

Seaman

Happy Birthday Gunny!
0321 87-89
Son at 1st Recon now, 2 years into his first five.
Sempar Fi!
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

busybeaverfirewood

Semper Fi To u Seaman and your son!  Pass on a Be Safe to him!!
Bill
Semper Fi

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

goose63

Welcome home Gunny from M co 3/11 A C R 69-70-71 Viet Nam :) :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Larro Darro

Welcome to FF from NW Florida. Thanks for your service, and stay safe for the next month. 30 years ago I helped ferry Marines {2000 at the time} around aboard the USS Saipan. That was a little before your time, but the old tub stayed in service for a long time. If you ever shipped on her, the guy you saw hanging off the fight deck, or up on the mast changing light bulbs took my job when I left.

Larro
Make good money. Five dollars a day.
Made anymore, I might move away.

submarinesailor

Quote from: Gunny 1992 on November 10, 2013, 04:36:06 AM
Only about 10 months till retirement.

Hey Gunny,

I don't know if you are going to need a job after you retire from the Corps or not.  But, if you do, make sure you look at the Federal Government.  Over the last 5 years, DLA Energy, the part of DLA that supplies you with all your fuel, has been hiring a lot of vets and military retires.  The part that I work for, Installation Energy (coal, natural gas and electricity) has hired nothing but vets and retires.  I just did a quick man count and 27 of 46 people in my shop are vets.  One of the latest is a former president of the Marine Corps League. 

So if you want any info on Fed to Vet hiring, send me a PM and I will return my phone numbers and we can talk.  Thats if you want to speak with an old bubblehead. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bruce

Thank You Sponsors!