iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My tach died

Started by jhellwig, November 08, 2013, 10:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhellwig

My sendec tach display half died.  You can see some segments but some light that shouldn't and others don't.  I kinda figured they were potted so I ripped the back off to confirm that just for fun.

My wife went cross eyed when I told her that a new one was 80 bucks.  I see that the tiny tach is much cheaper.  Is it a decent tach for the money?

I don't use it much but I just tried using my ear tonight and that wasn't going so well.
Murphy's Law is a pain in my butt.

ChopperDan

The Tiny Tach is good I have used them in the past. What I didn't like about them was you couldn't replace the battery. I don't know if they have changed the design. I use the Tech Tac TT 20k  it is somewhat large but I can use it on 4 stroke engines too.

Dan
550xpg
562xp
Makita 6421 converted to 7900 X2
Hd SuperSpitter

Dave Shepard

I think that is the same model I have. I like it. It has a replaceable 9 volt battery.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

john_bud

Quote from: Dave Shepard on November 11, 2013, 09:34:56 PM
I think that is the same model I have. I like it. It has a replaceable 9 volt battery.

I have the 20k.  Works well. 
280 acres of tree farm

jhellwig

I think I will give the tiny tach a try. It is about the cheapest and seams that a lot of people like them. 

I got to much stuff to spend money on right now just to keep up my wood cutting equipment.  I just dumped the most of the cost of the tiny tach in the way of new hydraulic fluid out of my splitter the other day.
Murphy's Law is a pain in my butt.

Al_Smith

A tach is neat I'll give it that .However I know a lot of engine builders ,I mean a lot who never tune with a tach .It's a good tool to check the ear though . ;D

Thank You Sponsors!