iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 550 xp

Started by Paddlefish, November 08, 2013, 05:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddlefish

Husky 550xp anyone got one ? Just got mine this week and compared to my ms 390 it seams a little doggy . Granted it is still at factory settings no muffler mod or anything still on the first tank . Cut crooked first cut ever . Anyone else care to chime in ?

tlandrum

your comparing 50cc to 65cc. if you want it to cut with a 65ccsaw you will need to send it for porting.
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

Paddlefish

How much more power would you expect I'd get with a port job ? I must say I like the feel and ergonomics , they've done well with the vibration too.

tlandrum

30-40% over stock is the usual gain from a good woods port and muffler mod.
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

Andyshine77

The 550 much like the 346 responds very well to a simple muffler mod. Try that first, if it's not enough then send it off to be ported.

This video has a muffler modded 550xp, my 346xp with a muffler mod, set squish and unlimited coil. Last up is a full blown ported 346 with a pop up piston. I was running the saws in the video.

http://youtu.be/PNziNSxIrSs
Andre.

Andyshine77

Still getting use to how this site works sorry for the DP once agean  :'(
Andre.

HotRail

Spike60

They are definitely a little lame on the first tank. You should start grinning by tank #4, and then it will continue to improve for a while and level off somewhere between 10 and 20 tanks.

But either way, 50cc vs 65cc will always be a noticeable difference. Especially if you're cutting decent sized wood.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Paddlefish

Thanks for the video , well done ! I ran it some again today and I  suspect it will grow on me , it does handle very well . I suspect the only real issue I have is being spoiled with the power of larger saws . I'll give it some time and more tanks before I decide to port .

SawTroll

Quote from: Paddlefish on November 09, 2013, 07:32:29 PM
Thanks for the video , well done ! I ran it some again today and I  suspect it will grow on me , it does handle very well . I suspect the only real issue I have is being spoiled with the power of larger saws . I'll give it some time and more tanks before I decide to port .

There is no reason that it should cut crooked though, is the bar and chain new?  ???
Information collector.

nmurph

Quote from: SawTroll on November 09, 2013, 09:57:12 PM

There is no reason that it should cut crooked though, is the bar and chain new?  ???

It's the side-ways balance thing

H 2 H

Quote from: nmurph on November 09, 2013, 10:04:19 PM

Yep those saw's just fall on there side when you put them on the ground  :D
Brian

Old BROWN eyes strikes again !

"Saw troll speaks with authority about saws has never even touched. Well maybe he touches the pictures in the brochures before he rips on them"

".... guess you need to do more than read specs, and look at pictures !"

ET

I have had my 550xp now for a little over a year. Its the best light saw ive ever owned. I just use it around the farm and sawmill. I do not professionly saw timber just my own stuff. Its so much more powerful than the poulan saws ive used for 40 years. Only problem ive ever had is restarting after refueling. I have the 16 and 20" bars. Mine is still stock. Ernie
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

SawTroll

:D :D God joke, but of course it isn't! 
Information collector.

Yatt

Quote from: SawTroll on November 10, 2013, 03:47:18 PM

Well at least the 550XP doesn't seem to tip over like the 346XP.  My 346 flips over on it's back like a wrestler saying, "I give up".

:D :D God joke, but of course it isn't!
288 XP Lite
372XPG
562XP
357XP
550XPG
346XP
Dolmar 7900
028 Super totally rebuilt and ported
Speeco 28ton splitter
Silvey 510, Oregon 511AX & Tecomec grinder

ChopperDan

Like others said rum some fuel through it. I will get better the more you run it. A muffler mod will wake it up some.

Dan
550xpg
562xp
Makita 6421 converted to 7900 X2
Hd SuperSpitter

Thank You Sponsors!