iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New 031 av electronic Stihl

Started by kmorgan, November 07, 2013, 11:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmorgan

I just found this on C's list and it is in like new condition. It started right up and idles fine. I was just wondering if there is something I should do as this saw as seen little to no use. It has all the paper work and the bar looks like it might have trimmed a tree once or twice. Any suggestion's to get it ready for service.

MidWestTree

Well, if it started right up with fuel that was already in the tank I'd start by draining that and getting fresh in there. Make sure the bar is slinging oil, and tune it if needed and go enjoy your new saw.

sawguy21

Nice score.  8) The 031AV was a very popular farm/ranch saw in it's day, with good maintenance and a sharp chain it will serve you well..
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

bandmiller2

The Stihl 031 is a top quality long lived saw and will cut in the 21st century as well as it did in the 20th.I bought on in 1976 and its still running never any problems.They lack a chain brake but are an easy saw to control,enjoy it. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

mmartone

Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

H 2 H

Brian

Old BROWN eyes strikes again !

"Saw troll speaks with authority about saws has never even touched. Well maybe he touches the pictures in the brochures before he rips on them"

".... guess you need to do more than read specs, and look at pictures !"

Thank You Sponsors!