iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Now for some real sawing

Started by Happycamper, November 07, 2013, 08:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happycamper

I finally landed a nice load of freshly cut cedar and fir logs. I'm looking forward to cutting some longer stuff in the near future when some of the other chores are done. There from 6 to 20 inches in diameter and generally straight.
                                   Jim

Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Yes Jim....I would say that IS a nice load.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Nice Jim, real nice!  ;)

You'll be there a while!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

rimshot

Very nice Jim,

Your part of the country is well known for it's timber resources'  They took most o Michigan's marketable White Pine back in the early 1900's.  I still don't think they stand anywhere close to the height of a Douglas Fir up in the Northwest .

I managed to reel in 10 or 12 nice Eastern White Cedars Monday. I got them because I helped with my tractor when we took them.  Three trees in total and two were leaning over some electric line.  I pulled them back  as he knotched and left me a hinge.  Always glad to get them down safe  to get sawed up'  Don't know what to make out of them. 
The yard is full of stuck and stacked cedar and the stuff is not moving.  No buillding market is kaput!

rim

douglas
LT 10 with a 10 h.p. and a converted boat trailer to provide mobility for a once permanent mill.

drobertson

You bet!  the area looks beautiful!    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!