iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NZ'S clean green image

Started by Ernie, November 06, 2013, 09:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

I will be very interested to know what has caused this, any ideas?  It sure isn't looking good for the "clean green" image of New Zealand that we all know and love.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/9374354/River-runs-orange
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Ianab

There are big deposits of natural ochre (Iron Oxide) around Mt Egmont. It was mined by the early Maori people to make paint (body and canoe). There is a small stream up by Dawson Falls that runs that colour all the time.

The agree with the guys guess, a slip up on the Mt has dumped a heap of bright orange mud into the headwaters of the river.

Yellow Ochre is exactly that shade of yellow.  :P

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ernie

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Ianab

This is a pic of that stream. You can see all the rocks stained yellow by the ochre in the water.

It's "clean", just "Clean Yellow"  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Well, the Eskimos said "Don't eat yellow snow."

I'd add "Don't drink yellow water!"

:D

Herb

Ianab

Yeah, about that...

The river supplies drinking water to New Plymouth city  :o

But I read they have shut down the water intake and just using the lake storage while it's being sorted out.

Ian

Thank You Sponsors!